JawsThemeSwimming428
I just installed antiX M8 on my HP Compaq 6910p laptop. I am having some trouble getting it to connect to my wireless router. The router I am connecting to is a Linksys WRT54GS. My wireless card is the Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AG. I tried using Wicd first and it sees the wireless network. I entered my WPA key in the dialog and it tries to connect but does not. I tried Mnetwork as well with the same result. Is there something I am missing? I don't have much experience using antiX (or any Linux for that matter) on a laptop with wireless. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks!
drghughes
This might help ...

I'm not sure which programme I used when setting up the wireless, it was the one that you get to through the Control Centre and then Connect Wirelessly (bottom left of the window - I'm not at my AntiX machine now so having to rely on memory), but I noticed that if I checked the"Connect Automatically" box when entering the WPA key then it wouldn't connect. However, if I left the box unchecked it connected okay. Once I had made the connection, I checked the box again and everything has been fine since.
JawsThemeSwimming428
drghughes wrote:This might help ...

I'm not sure which programme I used when setting up the wireless, it was the one that you get to through the Control Centre and then Connect Wirelessly (bottom left of the window - I'm not at my AntiX machine now so having to rely on memory), but I noticed that if I checked the"Connect Automatically" box when entering the WPA key then it wouldn't connect. However, if I left the box unchecked it connected okay. Once I had made the connection, I checked the box again and everything has been fine since.
I'm not at my antiX box either but I will give that a try when I get home. Thanks! I will post back and let you know if it worked.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Didn't work. Wicd seems to lock up as well after being unable to connect. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm not sure what to try next.
plvera
Did you try Ceni? That's in the Control Center>Network>Configure Network Interfaces

I've always had very good luck with WICD, but it didnt work for me once and Ceni saved the day.

Good luck!

Pedro
JawsThemeSwimming428
I will try Ceni tomorrow and post back with the results. Thanks again for trying to help.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Thanks, got it working with Ceni!