JawsThemeSwimming428
I hate to be the first one to post with a problem but I'm having some wireless issues. I had installed antiX M8 last week and had it somewhat configured but thought it would be good to start with the most up to date release since I hadn't done TOO much customizing. Installed 8.2 earlier and it installed like a charm (as usual). However, when I setup my wireless network in wicd (just like I did in __{{emoticon}}__ it didn't work. Wicd says I am connected and have 100% signal strength, the wireless toggle light is showing that the radio is on, but when I try to go anywhere in Iceweasel I get Server not found at whatever address. Any thoughts?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Try changing to dhcpcd and auto or if you have, try dhclient and auto
JawsThemeSwimming428
anticapitalista wrote:Try changing to dhcpcd and auto or if you have, try dhclient and auto
I'm not very familiar with how to do that, could you go into a little more detail?
oldhoghead
Site Admin
JawsThemeSwimming428,

after you setup your wireless, go to terminal:

sux
enter password

then type:
dhclient eth0

if that does not work then try

dhcpcd eth0

use the correct interface for your computer, mine is eth0, so use ath0, eth0, eth1; wlan0, or whatever it is.

there is under Control Center>Network>Connect Wirelessly>Preferences>External Programs>DHCP Client try either dhcpcd or dhclient as a permanent fix

cheers,
oldhoghead
dolphin_oracle
you can access the gui from the wicd icon on the toolbar now as well. I have an atheros chipset and ran into the same issue. I set mine to dhclient and the connection came back.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Thanks, I switched to dhclient in Wicd and everything seems to be working now. Appreciate the help!
Pindo
Thanks to all for the wireless help. I found also that Ice weasel could not pick up the wireless traffic. I read the above posts, clicked the dhclient box, rebooted, then Ice weasel was working perfectly.