Introvert
Hi all,

I'm a bit new to Linux so bear with me :S

I have a Compaq Presario 2200 (1.5GHz Celeron CPU, 256MB RAM, 40GB HDD) and I've been attempting to the the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG WiFi card to work to no avail. The card works fine when I use the AntiX 7.5 Live CD but as soon as I install AntiX to the hard disk the card fails to connect to my network.

The card appears to be detected just fine and even displays my network in Wicd but when I attempt to connect it simply hangs at"Obtaining IP address..." until it times out. I've attempted to set a static IP but I still can't connect to the network :/

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Hello Introvert.

You could try using ceni (Set Wired) or Mepis Network Tool to connect. Maybe one will do it better. Both are in the antiX control centre, under Network.
Introvert
anticapitalista wrote:Hello Introvert.

You could try using ceni (Set Wired) or Mepis Network Tool to connect. Maybe one will do it better. Both are in the antiX control centre, under Network.
I gave that a go and although ceni detected my network once I told it to connect it attempted to obtain an IP address (several messages similar to DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 intervert 7 (I can't work out why the IP address displayed is 255.255.255.255...)). It finally times out and basically says DHCPDISCOVER failed.

I also tried Mepis Network Tool and it failed to connect too.
OU812
This is a lousy post because I can't remember the commands. But if you do some searching, especially man pages, you may find what I have forgotten.

1. There is some command that will find the channel you're on.
2. Use iwconfig to point to that channel.

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
The answer in this thread might help.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://usalug.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13613"
linktext was:"http://usalug.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13613"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false