anglerdk
hi

I have installed Antix 8.2 on my Toshiba Protege 7100ct with a linksys WCP 300n (atheros ar5416 chipset).

anyway - I have tried many things to get the wifi to work , but no luck.

Under the menu => network => WPA (wpa_gui) cannot find the adapter.

RTutil can find the network, but I cannot choose WPA.

Then I tried the antix control center => manage network (settings: manuel (mnetwork), enable ndiswrapper , use DHCP foir DNS. I have tried to scan and write the WPA pass phrase under the Wireless tab.

I hace tried to use"configure networdk interfaces" in the antix control center- both with DHCP and static DHCP - no luck (can find the network fine)

If I use wiCD (connect wirelessly) - it find the network, and it starting to connect , when after writing generating PSK it just says not connected

I have tried all the WPA Suplicant drivers in the Preferences - some are not as fast as the others when trying to connect (the ndiswrapper keeps sayting putting interface down)- but the same result - no connection.

what should I do ? (I am a linux newbie, so please step by step)

THanx for any help

btw:
My router is an Asus WL500w, with WPA1/2-PSK encryption with TKIP / AES
Last edited by anglerdk on 28 Jul 2009, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
plvera
It sounds like wicd is almost working. Did you try"Configure Network Interface" (CENI) in the Control center? Sometimes that works when others do not. It will bring up a terminal, just go through the menu and scan for your network, enter pass key, etc and maybe it will work.

Good luck!

Pedro
anglerdk
plvera wrote:It sounds like wicd is almost working. Did you try"Configure Network Interface" (CENI) in the Control center? Sometimes that works when others do not. It will bring up a terminal, just go through the menu and scan for your network, enter pass key, etc and maybe it will work.

Good luck!

Pedro
thanx

tried that but it didnt do the trick (I cannot choose if the key is preshared or normal passphrase like in Wicd).
anglerdk
I finally got it to work. It seams that the driver (???) or something cannot use some of the automatic settings (or dual settings)

I changed the settings on my Asus WL500w router:

20 and 40MHZ to 20MHz

TKIP+ AES encryption to TKIP

now it works - and if I change anything back it doesnt work.

I used Cine to set up my WCP300n - and it worked __{{emoticon}}__

thanx for your help.