cuscotravelservices
Hi Folks,

I have a HUAWEI E8278 USB 4G Broadband Modem which has an integrated Wireless Router.

With another distro and Network Manager, I can connect to the Internet by entering the ESSID for the Network Name, selecting WPA & WPA2 Personal for Wi-Fi Security and then the Password key.

WICD is seeing that there is a hidden network available (WPA2 - Channel 6). I selected the WPA2 (passphrase) option and tried to connect but it gets to Validating Authentication and then failing after about a minute.

Is there somewhere in the interface that I can enter the ESSID?

Can Network Manager be installed or does it require the dreaded systemd (pewk, pewk)?

Thanks, Michael.
rokytnji
Have you tried using Ceni instead? Have you gone into properties in connection and chang connection to wpa2 hex or any of the other options and try those also.

I have seen the same behavior happen when wicd and network-manager are installed side by side before.
Only one can rule them all. So if you roll with one. Uninstall the other.

Systemd? I do not see how that even relates to this thread but I do not know everything.
cuscotravelservices
rokytnji wrote:Have you tried using Ceni instead? Have you gone into properties in connection and chang connection to wpa2 hex or any of the other options and try those also.
Tried those that could possibly be pertinent but no go.
marko
There should be be a"Find hidden network" entry in the network menu where you can enter the essid. For me it often happend that afterwards the network isn't listed any more, not even as hidden. But it reapears (properly named) after some refreshs of the list.