topic title: Where?
amos
I have tried on a number of occasions to play CD's via the default media player and failed to do so at every attempt. So i went along to Synaptic and installed RealPlayer 10 but for some reason i can't find it any where let alone play CD's? Help anyone please!
secipolla
Hi amos. I checked in my system and it didn't mount the audio cd too but I have vlc media player and it plays it fine (just select to open disc). I imagine that mplayer may have something similar but I'm not sure.

The command to run Real player is the name of the executable, I think its just realplayer so you can open it by pressing 'windows' key + space and typing realplayer.
To put an entry in the menu for Real player you must edit ~/.icem/menu. You can do it by hand or use IceMC (Desktop>IceWM>Menu editor). Open it, click on 'Open file', select 'menu', 'Open', expand 'Multimedia' and 'Audio' and go to Edit>Insert application. Then add the name (like 'Real Player 10'), an icon if you want and the command to execute it (realplayer). Save it and it will be on the menu.