calixtus06
Hello, I'm a french newbee. My sequence boot is long and every one told me aboot bootchart. Synaptic tell me that I got boot chart. But I don't manage to find it .
Someone to help me

Thanks !!

Nico
Shay
bootchart-t6440.html

I googled

Code: Select all

site: http://antix.freeforums.org bootchart

and it was in the first link.
reverseDog
My way of generating a bootchart relies on getting access to the grub menu after switching on the computer. The grub menu for instance shows up by default when antiX is installed alongside another OS (dual boot). Otherwise you could try pressing and holding down the"shift" key when beginning to boot.

When the grub menu shows up select the antiX entry (unless it's set as default anyway) and press the"e" key to get into editing boot options.

Look for the line that starts with"linux /boot/vmlinux .." and add the option"init=/sbin/bootchartd" at its end. It should look somewhat like:

Code: Select all

linux    /boot/vmlinuz-44.10-antix.1-486-smp root=UID= ... ro vga=788 quiet init=/sbin/bootchartd
This customization by the way only has an effect on the current boot up and is in no way permanent. Finally press F10 (or Ctrl x) to continue. After bootup look into the directory /var/log for a file named bootchart.png.