fisheater
1) GRUB customizer not functioning. I wish to ensure not inadvertently booting to systemd -- how to mod the GRUB menu any way so as to accomplish AMAP? I dislike messing with GRUB2 ever since I took the time to learn the 'Legacy' ver.

2) Where in fs are WMs configured? Want to elimimate one from F1 at login, add IceWM.

And another I will post later in different thread.

Good job, all!
dolphin_oracle
you can edit the slim.conf file to remove window manager entries. if you install icewm, I think it should be added automatically. slim.conf is in / etc.

FYI, the antiX 64 full version comes with icewm as the default wm.

there is something wrong with the grub customizer menu entry. I think its looking for an authentication mechanism not provided in antiX. However, start it from the regular user terminal, you will be prompted for a password and it should launch.
fisheater
grub-customizer from the terminal did, indeed, do the job
edited slim.conf

IceWM will come later. There must be a tutorial around here somewhere . . .

--- Thanks, dolphin_oracle!
BitJam
In the desktop menu (often opened with a right click on the wallpaper) in all the pre-installed window-managers there is a"Desktop" -->"Other Desktops" menu that lets you switch the window-manager and icon-manger on the fly without logging out to the SLiM login screen and without closing all of your windows. This is very convenient and your last selection should be remembered automatically so there is little need to use the F1 key in SLiM.

IMO this is a much easier and more convenient way to switch window managers. On top of that, it gets updated automatically when you installed (and remove?) window managers. The only limitation is the menu does not exist in window managers we don't provide. We could probably make a little gui app that does the same thing for those situations.
fisheater
Thanks, BitJam, it works most of the time and is more convenient, often! Now, for some more questions here, if permissible . . .
skidoo
Bear in mind: splitting separate questions across separate topics, each appropriately titled, improves forum search results.