rokytnji
I guess I am real good at breaking AntiX sometimes. I broke 8.2 once updating udev without updating the kernel first in AntiX 8.2 to 2.6.30 or above.

Well, today I upgraded as usual. No fancy repos like sidux . Pretty much stock. After Upgrade I went to reboot and my Laptop. IBM T23. Wouldn't shut down all the way.

So I look at my error and it basically says something about lighttpd and startpar. Leaves me at a screen that says no more to do at this runlevel at the end.

I know. I am not giving the exact error message. That is because I think I already fixed this by googling the error. And now I reboot and logout and shutdown just fine.

Anyhows. What I did was boot into single user mode by adding"single" to the end of kernel line at the bottom of grub screen window.

After entering password and being root user. I did a

Code: Select all

grep CONCURRENCY /etc/default/rcS
what I got back was

CONCURRENCY=startpar
So reading up on that. I found I needed to do next was

nano /etc/default/rcS
which opened up /etc/default/rcS in nano text editor

I edited

CONCURRENCY=startpar
to

CONCURRENCY=none
Saved my editing changes and at root prompt typed in

reboot
After getting back to my Desktop. Everything seems to work OK now. Just posting this for info. I was real close to thinking of doing a reinstall over this. Happy Trails, Rok
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Thanks for that roky
secipolla
But then if you have no concurrency you may boot and shutdown slower.
You could try 'makefile' concurrency

echo CONCURRENCY=makefile >> /etc/default/rcS
and time the boot and the shutdown to see the improvements.

Or better edit it by hand since the above command adds that line and you'll have two concurrency lines and I don't know the command for you to delete the CONCURRENCY=none line __{{emoticon}}__
rokytnji
I tried CONCURRECY=makefile first Secipolla. This didn't fix the shutdown,logout,reboot issue at all. Only by editing it again to CONCURRENCY=none was the fix for me.

#
# /etc/default/rcS
#
# Default settings for the scripts in /etc/rcS.d/
#
# For information about these variables see the rcS(5) manual page.
#
# This file belongs to the"initscripts" package.

TMPTIME=0
SULOGIN=no
DELAYLOGIN=no
UTC=yes
VERBOSE=no
FSCKFIX=no
RAMRUN=no
RAMLOCK=no
ASYNCMOUNTNFS=yes
CONCURRENCY=none