oldhoghead
Site Admin
Has anyone run into this. Can't open pcmanfm as root, here is output of error msg

Code: Select all

bobbylee@antiXlee:~$ sux
Password: 
root@antiXlee:/home/bobbylee# pcmanfm

(pcmanfm:2442): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: cannot connect to the session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(pcmanfm:2442): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: cannot connect to the session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (pcmanfm:2442): DEBUG: FmJob error: Permission denied
** (pcmanfm:2442): DEBUG: try automount
** (pcmanfm:2442): DEBUG: try automount
^C
^C

(pcmanfm:2442): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(pcmanfm:2442): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

cheers,
oldhoghead
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Got the same, but pcmanfm did actually open if you wait 20 secs or so when the automount message comes up and then press 'Permission denied button.
rokytnji

18 Aug 2010, 15:56 #3

Been using gexec to open pcmanfm as root OHH. Using run from the menu.

I get a small window permission denied, But close the permission denied window and pcmanfm stays open as root, So no problema, I can deal with"whadya think your'e doin"
anticapitalista
Site Admin
If you open Edit->preferences->Volume management and uncheck the 3, Save and open pcmanfm via su/sux, it opens ok (though there is an error message in the terminal)
oldhoghead
Site Admin
Ok, thanks guys, I was really just asking for the benefit to those who may use pcmanfm, personally, I use rox and have had no such issues with it

cheers,
oldhoghead