coyotito
the button to turn off screen blanking in the control panel is an example of very useful tools in antiX 13 (have not checked if it is in dev version).
what would be needed to steal this and use it in f.ex xubuntu? (only thing that ran all hardware on my new laptop)
I mean what are the deps?
Last edited by coyotito on 25 Apr 2015, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
dolphin_oracle
coyotito wrote:the button to turn off screen blanking in the control panel is an example of very useful tools in antiX 13 (have not checked if it is in dev version).
what would be needed to steal this and use it in f.ex xubuntu? (only thing that ran all hardware on my new laptop)
I mean what are the deps?
Its really just a front-end to a command that should work in any X environment. see this post for info: post35253.html#p35253
coyotito
thanks -it should be easy enough to do with a little tinkering. make a script and shortcut to it f.ex.
BitJam
Dave wrote the set-screen-blank script which is in /usr/local/bin. I use (an earlier version) of his script on my Gentoo system. I think it's great. At the top of the script it says it depends on yad and xset. You probably already have xset but you may need to add yad.

So copy that script (run"chmod a+x $FILE" on it to make it executable), install yad if it is not already installed and give it a shot. If there is a problem, we can probably help you fix it.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Or download the deb from here and install using dpkg -i *.deb

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://antix.daveserver.info/stable/pool/main/s/set-screen-blank-antix/"
linktext was:"http://antix.daveserver.info/stable/poo ... ank-antix/"
====================================
coyotito
thanks, it was as easy as installing the debs.. (seems to work but cant test now)