topic title: USB only problem
giukas
Hello
I installed antix 14 on an old acer travelmate 4500 ant it's brilliant.
Only problem is usb.
During the live attempt the system was recognizing a USB flash drive and a Toshiba usb3 hdd no problem.
Also I copied files from pc hdd to Toshiba.
Then I installed the system and nothing happened when I inserted the drives. I installed automount fro synaptic and the USB stick fat works but not the Toshiba usb3. It's a NTFS drive and fuse and ntsf g3 are installed.
Any ideas?
dolphin_oracle
open up spacefm (in the System Menu) and see if it can see your devices.
giukas
Thanks for that but there's no spacefm. I have thunarb and all configured to automount drives
dolphin_oracle
giukas wrote:Thanks for that but there's no spacefm. I have thunarb and all configured to automount drives
sorry, my fault. You are using MX edition.
giukas
* thunar
rokytnji
giukas wrote:* thunar
Not sure what the above means. Be more concise I guess. Moved topic to MX-14 section so your thread gets the attention it deserves.
With Usb plugged in. Open the terminal and post in code tags (in advanced reply toolbar )

Code: Select all

sudo fdisk -l
&

mount
&

sudo parted -l
and a

inxi -F
to show what you are running on what gear. The more info from you, the better for everyone for solving your problem
Jerry
giukas wrote:Hello
Only problem is usb.
During the live attempt the system was recognizing a USB flash drive and a Toshiba usb3 hdd no problem.
Then I installed the system and nothing happened when I inserted the drives. I installed automount fro synaptic and the USB stick fat works but not the Toshiba usb3. It's a NTFS drive and fuse and ntsf g3 are installed.
Any ideas?
Try this: right-click the desktop > Desktop Settings > Icons tab. Inside the box Default items at the bottom, check the box for Removable devices, then click the tiny arrow head at the left of that entry, which will expand a menu below it (scroll down). There you can check Disks and Drives and/or Other devices. They should show up immediately on your desktop.
giukas
It's working now but it takes long time to mount and most times fails to eject
Blurey
giukas wrote:Hello
Only problem is usb.
Any ideas?
Hello
I do not know that he was resolved this already the usb your problem? But Toshiba is for me usb3 hdd driving, what you open Gparted with an application, it NTFS partition ( decreased) resized. After the re sizing Gparted - no problem new ext 2-4 Linux you may create partitions.
Excuse me Google the translator