alex2035
Hello, first I have to thank developers for this distro, it works great on my thinkpad 600E, I have tried lots of distros to revive this box but Anti fits it perfectly, I made sound work in about 5 minutes (it is the most problematic) and everything works...and very fast __{{emoticon}}__
Only problem I have is with the USB SD card reader, it would not mount whatever I did that I could found in the two threads I have seen here. It is clear that it exists, usbview shows it, and it appears as sdb1 but it would not mount. Fstab says that pluggable devices are handled by uDev and it is not there, but the udev service is not up, I have enabled it but nothing. Have tried the"mount all filesystems" service as well. when I try to mount /dev/sdb1 it says wrong fs, bad option, etc. and it spits an error: could not delete mount point (?)
Any ideas please? thank you
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Have you tried mountpy in Settings-->Config-System ?

You could also add this line to your /etc/fstab above the dynamic section.

/dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1 vfat,ext3,ext2,reiserfs noauto,users,exec 0 0

Make sure you have created a mount point in /mnt called sdb1
alex2035
Thanx for the answer, I have added a line to fstab but it was one taken from Mepis Wiki, it is not like this one. I will try yours.

I dont have a mountpy option in Settings--Config-System so I think this is another version of the OS.
alex2035
Anticapitalista, I have tried your suggestion, didnt work. I found that the 600E supports USB 1 and the reader is USB 2.0 this I find out from booting to XP on the same box, it says it is newer USB but it will work at less speed because of this. Perhaps this is the AntiX problem?
I really would not bother too much about this and probably you are busy with new AntiX stable release to help now, perhaps even new version makes this work and after all I can manage to copy files with a rewritible CD so not much of a problem.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Try installing mountpy (in synaptic) and then plug in the usb device
open a terminal
su
rootpassword
mountpy

and see if it turns up in /media/ through files (rox-filer).

You may need to reboot, plugin the usb device at reboot, and do the above.
alex2035
That was fast! Thank you, give it a try then.
alex2035
No go, nothing I do brings the thing up. It says cant mount:bad superblock (this the mount option) and mountpy scans and shows very fast message that it is trying to mount /dev/sdb auto and /dev/sdb1 auto and disappears with the message: found nothing to mount.
I am inclined to think this particular reader is not compatible with Anti in some way, in my other box (OZ OS) it mounts OK over Thunar.
eriefisher
Does it show up with"fdisk -l" as root?

eriefisher
alex2035
no, only HD sda with partitions shown.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Can you try another usb device and see if that is detected.
There may be a problem with the usb port.
alex2035
No, USB is OK, sync my Palm TX to it, with usb: setting without any problem. __{{emoticon}}__