DJiNN

08 Apr 2008, 22:08 #1

Is there a simple way to upgrade say, antiX 7.1, to the current release status, without re-installing the latest release (Whatever that may be)? When i say"Upgrade" i mean little things like the new fluxbox"Sys-Admin" &"User-Admin" stuff.

Does it have to be done manually, or is there a simpler way? I'm not too fussed if (When 7.2 is released) i have to do a complete re-install, but my system's working so well at the moment. __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
There isn't a way to upgrade the antiX"tweaks" automatically. You will have to add the stuff manually.

I'll try and post the changes from antiX-Lysistrata to the upcoming antiX-M7.2 release to make it easier.

The core stuff is what gets upgraded through the repos, my additions are mainly TBH cosmetic.
DJiNN
anticapitalista wrote:There isn't a way to upgrade the antiX"tweaks" automatically. You will have to add the stuff manually.
Hi anti, thanks for the reply.

OK, that's cool..... i thought that would probably be the case.
I'll try and post the changes from antiX-Lysistrata to the upcoming antiX-M7.2 release to make it easier.
Great, it's always good to know what's being changed each time. __{{emoticon}}__
The core stuff is what gets upgraded through the repos, my additions are mainly TBH cosmetic.
And it's those"additions" (more often than not) that are a big part of what makes antiX so damn great! The new items in the fluxbox menus for example. To be able to get to the main files & items for both user & admin, without having to search for them everytime (That's if you know where to look in the first place) makes a HUGE difference - IMHO. __{{emoticon}}__

So manually is cool, & it's also a great way to learn more about antiX & Linux....."Way 2 Go!" LOL!