impuwat
Somehow I missed this discussion. Sweet little script!

Just to weigh in on the png-jpg issue. png does keep more detail and is more faithful at maintaining colors. It makes for larger files however. I upload png's to this forum because frankly jpeg's look awful. Sometimes I have to crop the image or resize it to get the size small enough to upload to the forum. The size restriction of the uploads is the tricky part with png's.
eriefisher
Hopefully it provides you with an easy way to show off your great work impuwat.
eriefisher
I have just uploaded a .deb of zenscreen. Could I please get a couple of testers.

Download the deb and unzip it, then in a root terminal do:

Code: Select all

dpkg -i zenscreen_2.5.deb
If you have already installed it manually or used the install script it should just overwrite it. By using a .deb zenscreen will show up in synaptic for any future updates or removal.

For testing purposes please install it then test. Also if you could use synaptic or apt to remove it. I'm just looking for errors. If all is ok the just reinstall it.

Please let me know what happens I'm working towards another project and the info would be great.

You can download the deb from the original post.

Thanks
malanrich
eriefisher wrote:I have just uploaded a .deb of zenscreen. Could I please get a couple of testers.
Downloads fine.
Installs fine.
Shows up in Synaptic.
Launches fine and works fine (captures either full screen or user-determined).
Removes fine with Synaptic.

Good work.
eriefisher
Thank you malanrich. That's what I like to here.
mariel77
I installed it today and it all worked fine for me too, same as for malanrich -
Downloads fine.
Installs fine.
Shows up in Synaptic.
Launches fine and works fine - captures either full screen or user-determined, and also allows choice of file type and delay.
Removes fine with Synaptic.

The only glitch I had was that it didn't write over my previous manual install because I had named it zenscreen_2.5.sh. I removed it manually and then all was well.

Thanks, Eriefisher!