cousinlucky
I removed Antix 15 and then created a new partition and ran e2fsck -fp /dev/sda1 using parted magic. I reinstalled antix 15 twice the second time using the block. My problem remains that the terminal will not update nor can I access the package manager. The os connects correctly because iceweasel works. Can anyone help me with this problem please?? Thanks!!
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Open the terminal and type

sudo apt-get update (then)
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Post the message

For the package manager, when synaptic asks for the password, type your username one.
rokytnji
Does synaptic open with

Code: Select all

gksu synaptic
I do not use synaptic package manager to do updating and dist-upgrades. I use terminal like anti suggests above.
I only use synaptic for gui package installs and package removals.
cousinlucky
anticapitalista wrote:Open the terminal and type

sudo apt-get update (then)
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Post the message

For the package manager, when synaptic asks for the password, type your username one.
1,000 Thanks Sir!! I have to meekly admit my mind is really half gone; I have been using gksu in the terminal for so long I completely forgot about sudo. My Antix 15 distro is now working. I think that keeping my antix 13 files when installing my first Antix 15 install is what caused my problems. At any rate I'm sure glad to be over this hump!! Many thanks everyone for your gracious input!!