THX1138
My attempt to change the default GRUB boot option by editing a configuration file failed so I installed grub-customizer. I try to run it from the applications menu and nothing happens. I try to run it from the terminal and I get this:

Code: Select all

sean@Teleprompter:~
$ grub-customizer
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR net.launchpad.danielrichter2007.pkexec.grub-customizer ===
Authentication is required to run Grub Customizer
Authenticating as: sean
Password: 
polkit-agent-helper-1: error response to PolicyKit daemon: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: No session for cookie
==== AUTHENTICATION FAILED ===
Error executing command as another user: Not authorized

This incident has been reported.
sean@Teleprompter:~
$ 
skidoo
try launching using this commandline:
pkexec grub-customizer
reverseDog
skidoo wrote: try launching using this commandline:
pkexec grub-customizer
I dare say this won't work, since grub-customizer already launches Polkit authentication by default. In my experience Polkit and antiX don't harmonize out-of-the-box.

Either install a graphical Polkit authentication agent such as mate-polkit, or, easier, launch grub-customizer with gksu (or gksudo) instead:

Code: Select all

gksu grub-customizer
THX1138
Indeed pkexec did not work but gksu does. Thanks!
THX1138
Despite setting antiX as default, GRUB continues to boot Lubuntu every damn time. >:(
skidoo
some of the forum search results: grub customizer

eugen-b wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:08 pm #90  
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was"antix-17-b1-full-available-for-public-testing-t7049-s75.html"
linktext was:"antix-17-b1-full-available-for-public-t ... 9-s75.html"
====================================
Hierax_ca wrote: Now my next question, is how to I get there to be 2 options in the Grub menu, one for the Full antiX GUI IceWM and one for cli only? I'm looking to be able to choose from the Grub boot screen which one to boot from (like if you install Linux as a dual boot with another OS, or even another Linux distro). Is there some sort of Grub Customizer utility like MX has that can do this that can be added to antiX, or how would the grub file itself need to be edited to get these 2 options? Or what would you recommend?
Copy a regular grub code for an antiX Grub entry to the file /etc/grub.d/40_custom, give the entry a recognizable name and add a 3 to the code line starting with"linux".
Undo your addition to /etc/default/grub where you added a 3 to the kernel parameters.
Then run update-grub.

Avoid grub-customizer, because it will reward you with double Grub entries after you chroot and repair Grub, to mention just one inconvenience.
spaceman wrote:Sat Jul 02, 2016
url was:"(viewtopi c.p hp)?f=58&t=6459&p=47343&hilit=grub+customizer#p47343"
linktext was:"(viewtopi c.p hp)?f=58&t=6459&p=47343&hilit ... zer#p47343"

I can issue sudo update-grub all day but it doesn't effect the MBR grub menu. I have to boot into Xubuntu and fiddle in grub-customizer.
eugen-b
THX1138 wrote: Despite setting antiX as default, GRUB continues to boot Lubuntu every damn time. >:(
You need to chroot antiX install and run update-grub (or use the antiX GUI for that: Control Centre -> Maintenance -> Boot Repair).
THX1138
Thanks. Unfortunately there's no Maintenance or Boot Repair anywhere in my Control Centre (16.2). Would it be easier to just uninstall Lubuntu?
skidoo
You might try downloading the"bootrepair-antix" package from here:
url was:"http://antixlinux.com/testing/pool/main/b/bootrepair-antix/"
linktext was:"http://antixlinux.com/testing/pool/main ... air-antix/"

and install using the command: sudo dpkg -i /path/to/downloadedpackage.deb

Its launcher probably won't show up in the desktop menu (expectation was that it would be accessed via ControlCenter)
but you can launch it from a terminal:  gksu bootrepair

========
disclaimer: I've never used the bootrepair tool & dunno whether it has been tested to work with antix16.