topic title: Thunderbird
eriefisher
I have had an issue with claws-mail since moving to sid, claws-mail is now version 3.5 but the plug-ins are all 3.4 (incompatable). I have tried to roll back claws but can no longer get it. So, I installed Thunderbird until it all gets worked out then will move back to claws.

Now the problem, I get this when I use the drop menus( see image)

It's actually Icedove.
masinick
Have you tried enabling both Testing and Sid repos, installing the version of Claws that you want, then commenting out the Testing repo? Also you can indicate in preferences that certain apps use certain repos and you can leave both repos enabled. If you need more details I can dig them up for you, but you CAN have your cake and eat it too! __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
claws works ok for me for sending and receiving mail, though not all the plugins work (yet).

Not sure about icedove problem. Maybe connected to the fonts?
eriefisher
I have rolled it back once already but stupid me forgot about it and dist-graded through smxi so I got the new claws again. When I went to roll it back again it would not give me 3.4 so the plugins would work. Shame to, I just love claws and it works great. I just want to use a couple of plugins like vcal and the html viewer. It works otherwise.

I can't figure t-bird out. The rest of it looks fine, it's just the pull down menus that act up. It looks like a video issue, but with a mail client??
eriefisher
It looks like some of the plug-ins have caught up to claws-mail now. I just got back the ones I use.