topic title: This forum
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Lately I've been having problems with this forum, slow to non-existant log in, posts being lost etc.

1. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. If 1) is yes, what shall we do about it?
3. Anyone who has knowledge about forums/sites etc, please post. antiX has a web site (courtesy of Mepis), maybe this forum should be put on the same server?

Let me know what you think, suggestons welcome and practical help much appreciated!!!
dieselbenz
anticapitalista wrote:Lately I've been having problems with this forum, slow to non-existant log in, posts being lost etc.
I frequently get"page cannot be displayed" errors through the day. But I want a few minutes, try again, and it is there.

Last night I started getting this weird"you've already posted, wait a while before you post again" error. Thought maybe you'd cut me off, but I logged out and logged back in, and could post.
eriefisher
eriefisher
I posted this issue a few days ago and didn't get much of a response so I figure it was on my end. I have had some trouble logging in as well as blank pages and errors. I wander if it's the forum software?

eriefisher
dieselbenz
eriefisher wrote:I wander if it's the forum software?
eriefisher
Maybe. Isn't the server hosting the forum running Vista Home Edition? __{{emoticon}}__
.ee
I just wanted to write on the forum that the connection today was slow.
mariel77
This forum is very, very slow for me too. I have only gotten page loading errors a couple of times though, so I can't really complain.
Last edited by mariel77 on 23 Nov 2007, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
impuwat
What they said. Very slow...sometimes hangs...occasionally can't even access. But I still gotta check the antiX news every day so I try to remain patient.
impuwat
By the way Dieselbenz:
Last night I started getting this weird"you've already posted, wait a while before you post again" error. Thought maybe you'd cut me off, but I logged out and logged back in, and could post.
Hope you don't get"cut off"...I would have a few less smiles each day __{{emoticon}}__
OU812
Hello. I have experienced some slowness and some hangs. I remember a few times that I couldn't get to the forums at all. Of course, after a period of time I could, so I suspected a lot of users browsing at one time. I don't think I've had problems beyond sluggishness once logged in, though. The forum at mepislovers seems to be fine.

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Today seems much, much better. I guess the host had problems or huge hits due to Thanksgiving.

And I wouldn't 'cut you off' dieselbenz. Not without a warning first __{{emoticon}}__