topic title: Thiemo Seufer
anticapitalista
Site Admin

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.debian.org/News/2008/20081229"
linktext was:"http://www.debian.org/News/2008/20081229"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

I talked to eriefisher and we decided to send this message of condolences.

To the Seufer Family,

We are extremely saddened by the news of Thiemo's passing away.
He will be greatly missed in the Debian world.
His high quality work and extensive contributions to the cause of
Free Software will be remembered for many years to come.

All our condolences go out to your family and friends.

antiX (Linux) team and users
eriefisher
eriefisher
Well done anti!
mariel77
Thank you, anti.
oldhoghead
Site Admin
Thank you anticapitalista.

oldhoghead
masinick
I did not know Thiemo Seufer personally, and until I heard the news, I was not aware of the significant contributions that he made to the Debian project, but I share in the sense of grief and loss, first and foremost for the Seufer family, then for the Debian and free software communities.

Anti, thank you for sending our condolences on behalf of the AntiX community.
OU812
I read the link as well as the postings at mepislovers. Well done anti, and thank you.

john
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I received an email today from Thomas Gleixner
"Please find attached a letter from Thiemo's family in reply to your
condolence mail."

And this is from Thiemo's family.

In memoriam Thiemo Seufer On December 26th, 2008 Thiemo died in a tragic traffic accident which he didn't cause ­ bad luck being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was hit from behind in his small car by a very fast sports car and overturned. We assume that it all happened very quickly and that Thiemo didn't have to suffer which is a comfort to us. Very consoling was the overwhelming number of emails from all over the world in which you expressed your sympathy and condolence. Until the obituaries of Debian and the FOSS community we didn't really realize which excellent work he did because he himself didn't talk too much about this. Free software was his ideal and his colleagues and friends sharing this ideal were his family. Thiemo worked long and hard to make this ideal to a profession. We feel very sorrow that he could fulfil his"dream job" only for that short time. To all of you we say thank you for your appreciated sympathy. We know that we are not alone in our pain and sorrow. We are thankful to have had Thiemo as our son and brother and are proud that the next release of Debian software will be dedicated to him. May he this way live on in our memories.

His parents and sisters
masinick
Well, I am grateful that the free software community could give something back to the family of one who quietly gave much in support of software freedom. No loss is without pain. I am thankful, though, that many showed their gratitude for Thiemo and the work that he did. At least a new memory of who he was adds to the memories the family has of his life. While a very small consolation, I am thankful that we were able to collectively bring encouragement to this family in grief.