KrunchTime
First, I would like to suggest/request an option to choose your keyboard layout prior to booting into a live session. I use the Dvorak keyboard layout and it was quite awkward having to type on a Qwerty keyboard layout during the live session.

Second, I encountered a somewhat nasty bug when installing antiX 13 Core (edit: I meant Base). Even though I selected the Dvorak keyboard layout during installation, my choice was not transferred to the installation on my hard drive. I edited the etc/default/keyboard file and entered"dvorak" for the XKBVARIANT option. After rebooting, I was able to enter my username as though the Dvorak keyboard layout was enabled, but I could never enter my password. Basically, I was locked out of a new install just by changing the keyboard file.

This brings me to my next suggestion/request; please update the Core (edit: I meant Base) spin when updating the Full spin. I would prefer the Core (edit: I meant Base) spin so I don't have to spend time removing apps that I do not want.

My final suggestion/request would be to make the Core (edit: I meant Base) spin a true core (edit: I meant base) spin. Currently, the Core (edit: I meant Base) spin contains at least one game, multiple window managers, and other what I call"cruft." I would like one window manager, don't really care what it is because I plan to replace it with openbox and tint2 panel, and the bare necessities for a working distro. I don't need a game to do my work. I would list other examples, but as I indicated above, I was soon locked out of my 13 Core (edit: I meant Base) install, so I don't remember the other apps that I thought were unnecessary for a"core" (edit: I meat"base") distro.

20141211-01 edit: It would be nice if the forum offered a strike through tag.
Last edited by KrunchTime on 11 Dec 2014, 07:40, edited 3 times in total.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Haven't got time to answer all the points

1. kbd=dvorak when running live should work
2. when I get time I'll upload one.
3. core does not come with any windows managers or games. It doesn't even have X.
KrunchTime
1. Where would one enter kbd=dvorak? And who would know to use that? There should be an option similar to the other current options. Offer a function key to change the keyboard layout. I've seen the option in other live versions of distros.
3. You're right...I meant Base and that is what I installed.
KrunchTime
Okay, I installed antiX 13.2 Full a few minutes ago on my ASUS UL20A laptop. The Dvorak keyboard selection during the installation procedure was passed through to the install on the hard drive. I can type in my user name correctly, but no go on my password and I'm typing it correctly. Any known issues with antiX and ASUS laptop keyboards? I've never had an issue selecting Dvorak for a keyboard layout for any other Linux distro I've installed on the laptop. This is really odd.
KrunchTime
anticapitalista wrote: 1. kbd=dvorak when running live should work
I figured it out. You enter kbd=dvorak on the line for boot options.

I finally succeeded in installing antiX 13.2 Full on my ASUS UL20A laptop. I must have typed in the wrong password multiple times, probably because of the Qwerty keyboard layout.

I think I've found the second Linux distro to dual-boot with CrunchBang.