dirkd
This afternoon I performed my first AntiX-15 iso snapshot. I had some misgivings at first, because in 13.2 I had to edit the exclusion list to make my particular set of applications work, and AntiX-15 didn't let me use /-prefixed excludes. But it worked on first try! I have the impression snapshots have improved a lot since the previous version. I like that the 'wizzard' (pardon my french) lets you edit the exclude list if you want to. Last year I had to search for that list and at first didn't even know it was there.

The result: a 7.5 Gb installed image from a virtual machine is squashed in a 2 Gb iso file. I could put it on a USB, and use it as a greatly enlarged live Antix system on a 10 year old laptop. If I use an 8 Gb key (almost small by todays standards), I have 6 Gb for persistence and a second, windows readable partition.

I used default settings for the exclusion list and everything else. Antix makes assembling custom live systems a piece of cake.

I only saw two very small problems: IceWM didn't show desktop icons on first boot from the live system. I had to restart the session to see them. Second: my custom keyboard settings had disappeared from the live system. I want to distribute the key to others, and I want the English interface for IceWM, combined with a 'be' keyboard layout. That worked last year in 13.2, and I'm confident I will get it fixed.
skidoo
and AntiX-15 didn't let me use /-prefixed excludes
Thank for mentioning this.
During antix15 beta testing I groused about this. I even dredged up an old thread showing an example how the absence of leading slash can cause grief.
BitJam explained that it's Adrian's decision (the mx-snaposhot developer), and he's reluctant to alter that in the antix version.
dirkd
Skidoo,

maybe it was my own thread. In AntiX 13.2 I HAD to insert leading slashes (and I could), because otherwise the iso-snapshot didn't copy any files with a path containing media. In other words, the exclude media/* behaved as if it was */media/*. In Antix-15 things are different. So the problem has disappeared, and I do not need the leading slash anymore, as fas as I can tell.

I like it that you are warned about this: the prefixes ./ ../ and / are forbidden in paths with wildcards. The first ones make sense to me. I don't understand the last one, but as I said, it doesn't matter anymore. That Adrian guy seems to have done a great job.