topic title: ssd netbook
0day
how to for install antix on ssd netbook?
fatmac
Same as to a HDD, except you don't want to have a swap partition, or have too many 'writes' to disk.
(I usually add noatime & relatime to /etc/fstab entry.)
BitJam
Usually you will need to make a LiveUSB to boot (and then install) on a netbook. From Windows you should be able to make a LiveUSB from an .iso file using the Unetbootin program. It also works on Linux. If you can boot Linux live on a different system then you can use the antix2usb program to create a LiveUSB. You can also use the"dd" program which is available on all versions of Linux.

You should make sure your partitions are aligned properly to make the most efficient use of the ssd. This should be happening automatically with more recent versions of fdisk and gparted. You can look at the alignment of all your drives by running"fdisk -l" as root. Here is the first partition on a drive that was aligned correctly for ssd:

Code: Select all

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sdc1            2048     7831551     3914752   83  Linux
Here is the first partition on a drive that was not aligned for sdd:

Code: Select all

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sda1   *          63      433754      216846   83  Linux
The Start value should be a nice round number (in binary), 2048 is good. 63 is not good but hda is a hard drive so ssd alignment is not needed for it.
rokytnji
There are my ssd installs with screenshots and also a thread on how I limits writes on old creaky phison ssd drives.

limiting-writes-to-ssd-on-eeepc-t2389.html

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3868
rust collector
If your ssd support trim, add"discard" to your /etc/fstab
0day
i install with ext2 fs