Eperbab
My new desktop PC arrived, and I have moved my 2 TB HDD with AntiX install from the old PC to the new. Now screen resolution issue with previous pc solved, but I have sound problems. I would like to use sound over HDMI cable and the headset without manually switching audio output, and would like to use the mixer. Also no sound in web browsers.

Setup: PC connected to monitor TV (LG 32LD465) via HDMI, and headset connected to front panel analogue audio (3.5 jack).
A10-7850K kaveri APU with some on chip audio. No dVGA card installed. Asrock FM2A88X+ Fatal1ty killer mobo with Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec(
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20FM2A88X+%20Killer/"
linktext was:"Motherboard specs"
====================================
).

- VLC player gives sound on front panel audio jacket (headset connected via 3.5 jack) when output directed to open sound system, device /dev/dsp. But no audio on TV. Same with ALSA + alc1150 default audio device. (device listed 2x). Same result with alc1150 analogue 7.1 output.
- VLC player gives sound on TV via HDMI, when output directed to ALSA mixer, HDMI 0 HDMI audio output - but no sound on headset
- The XFCE audio mixer says no valid devices are present. Can't change sound level via mixer (no effect). Mute via mixer applet doesn't work. See screenshot attached.

audio driver:

Code: Select all

$ inxi -A
Audio:     Card-1 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] FCH Azalia Controller 
           driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Card-2 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Device 1308 
           driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k3.14-1-rt-686-pae
xfce mixer applet screenshot
xfce mixer applet screenshot
Last edited by Eperbab on 17 May 2014, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
Eperbab
After installing/updating some audio related stuff, now I found this: it seems, that the two HD-audio generic (alsa mixer) entries in the mixer applet are for the two sound device present.

audio1: APU (iGP) audio

audio2: onboard ALC1150 audio
Eperbab
Update: If I disable the ati R6xx (North bridge onboard audio), then I get sound for youtube videos (opened in Iceweasel) on the front panel analogue audio. If the alc1150 is disabled & R6xx enabled, then no sound on youtube on any output.
Eperbab
I tried to install the realtek driver from source, but 'make install' fails.
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#2"
linktext was:"link"
====================================
Eperbab
I have installed kernel 3.15.1 from source, still having the same problem.