spaceman

02 Jul 2013, 14:44 #16

Yeah, it *might* do. __{{emoticon}}__
anticapitalista
Site Admin
spaceman, I managed to install wine1.6-amd64 via liquorix on antiX-core 64 bit with Testing repos enabled.
spaceman
Me too and it worked. However, 1.6 rc3 has a regression with the nVidia drivers. I get Warcraft in a full screen window but cramped in a narrow strip down the centre and not correctly identifying my two monitors. I removed Wine1.6 and installed the
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://dev.carbon-project.org/debian/wine-unstable/"
linktext was:"http://dev.carbon-project.org/debian/wine-unstable/"
====================================
version which worked as expected. However, these are now Wine issues. I completely trashed my system trying the yank the wine-unstable components out and re-install the Liquorix Wine1.6 package. So I'm hoping I can replicate my results, as soon as daveserver.info is back up (did I break it?). __{{emoticon}}__

Having fun as usual. __{{emoticon}}__
spaceman
Hey Anti...

I built and rebuilt 13.1 with default kernel and nVidia drivers. I need to have the Testing repos enabled to get the nVidia drivers to install again...is that correct?

To recap my process:

Code: Select all

# dpkg --add-architecture i386
#apt-get update
apt-get install ia32-libs
This process completes without errors.

# apt-get install xorg
So, I now run smxi; enable Sid repos; add non-free; accept dist-update. At this point I either install the latest offered Liquorix kernel, 3.8, or install graphic drivers. I've used 319.23 and the beta drivers: 325.18...
# apt-get install gdm3
#apt-get install xfce4
Graphical environment last...reboot.

Once logged on to Xfce4, I open a terminal and issue:

sudo apt-get install wine1.6
or 1.5 as 1.5 simply installs 1.6 rc3 now anyway.

OK, this completes correctly - then I'm back where I started as Wine tell me I cannot run Warcraft as:
World of Warcraft requies the latest version of the DirectX Runtime to be installed.
Running WoW from the command line provides more useful information, of course:
# wine '/media/Games/World of Warcraft/Wow.exe' -opengl
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x148c000 0 0x189fef4 4
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x189ed18,0x00000000), stub!
err:wgl:has_opengl Failed to load libGL: libGL.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
err:wgl:has_opengl OpenGL support is disabled.
Which is the crux of the problem. Wine installs without error, however it is not fit for purpose as openGL is not working for 32 bit apps.
Alanarchy
Posts 0
Alanarchy
World of Warcraft requies the latest version of the DirectX Runtime to be installed.
How to install DirectX in Linux using Wine

url was:"http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/wine-directx.html"
linktext was:"http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/wine-directx.html"

Let us know if it works so I can try it out __{{emoticon}}__
spaceman
To be honest this is not the way to go mate. I use WoW in openGL mode, the performance is much better. WoW works out of the box (normally) with the 32bit openGL components delivering the graphics rendering.
Install Wine

This is simple. Just open the package manager and install the software.
LMFAO

I can try this out but don't hold your breath. __{{emoticon}}__
$ wine ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/dxdiag.exe
err:ole:COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"C:\\windows\\system32\\dxdiagn.dll"
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {a65b8071-3bfe-4213-9a5b-491da4461ca7} could be created for context 0x1
err:dxdiag:collect_dxdiag_information IDxDiagProvider instance creation failed with 0x80070005
err:dxdiag:wWinMain DxDiag information collection failed
Meh.

To be honest alarm bell rang when I saw the post was made in 2010, and rang again when there was no DllOverrides section in user.reg...
spaceman
I haven't completely given up yet, but my enthusiasm is flagging.

I rebuilt antiX M13.1 Core this morning. As soon as I booted into it I enabled the testing and the Liquorix repos. Then I did:

dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt-gt update
apt-get install ia32-libs
I'm obssessed with the idea that ia32-libs )and ia32-libs-i386) are essential for 32-bit OpenGL driver support. Who knows? Not me clearly.
Then I use smxi to install some shiz:
I select the Sid option and non-free and allow it to do a dist-upgrade. Imediately after I install an Liquorix kernel (3.8-13) and reboot. After the reboot, I install gdm(3) and Xorg. and then install the current release nVidia driver (319.23). To remove nouveau I shutdown, wait a minute, restart and rerun smxi to a) shutdown the desktop properly and b) rerun the nVidia installation. 319.23 is installed correctly. I reboot and then install Xfce (4.10.1) with apt as smxi return a dependency error (FFS). Reboot to a graphical environment.

The carbon-project .debs won't install (can you believe dependency problems?) so I install wine1.5 (which installs 1.6 rc3) from the liquorix repo! It works as you report Anti, however, it doesn't work still because the is no (32-bit) OpenGL so no gaming...

As for the carbon-project debs:

dpkg: error processing libwine-unstable_1.5.5-0.1_amd64.deb (--install):
 pre-dependency problem - not installing libwine-unstable
Unpacking wine-bin-unstable (from wine-bin-unstable_1.5.5-0.1_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking wine-unstable (from wine-unstable_1.5.5-0.1_amd64.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libwine-alsa-unstable:
 libwine-alsa-unstable depends on lib32asound2 (>> 1.0.25); however:
  Package lib32asound2 is not installed.
 libwine-alsa-unstable depends on libc6-i386 (>= 2.1.3); however:
  Package libc6-i386 is not installed.
 libwine-alsa-unstable depends on libwine-unstable (= 1.5.5-0.1); however:
  Package libwine-unstable is not installed.
Deep joy. So I installed libc6-i386 by hand, no problem. However, lib32asound2 won't install...so I open up Synaptic for an explanation:
Depends libasound2 (=1.9.25-4)
Depends: libc-i386 (>=2.7)
Breaks: ia32-libs (<1.9)
Breaks: libasound2-plugins (<1.0.18)
Breaks: libasound2-plugins (<1.0.18)
Breaks: libc-i386
Replaces: ia32-libs (<1.9)
Replaces: ia32-libs
OK, I'm starting to not like ia32-libs anymore...

apt-get remove ia32-libs ia32-libs-i386
dpkg -i *.deb
LMFAO
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libwine-cms-unstable:
libwine-cms-unstable depends on ia32-libs (>= 20120102); however:
Package ia32-libs is not installed.
I think this problem is bigger than me. __{{emoticon}}__
spaceman
root@moonbase:/home/spaceman/Downloads# sudo apt-get install lib32asound2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
lib32asound2 : Depends: libasound2 (= 1.0.25-4)
libwine-cms-unstable : Depends: ia32-libs (>= 20120102) but it is not going to be installed
libwine-dev-unstable : Depends: libc6-dev-i386 but it is not going to be installed
libwine-gl-unstable : Depends: ia32-libs (>= 20120102) but it is not going to be installed
libwine-gphoto2-unstable : Depends: ia32-libs (>= 20120102) but it is not going to be installed
libwine-ldap-unstable : Depends: ia32-libs (>= 20120102) but it is not going to be installed
libwine-openal-unstable : Depends: ia32-libs (>= 20120102) but it is not going to be installed
libwine-oss-unstable : Depends: oss-compat
libwine-unstable : Depends: ia32-libs (>= 20120102) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: lib32z1 (>= 1:1.1.4) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
root@moonbase:/home/spaceman/Downloads# sudo apt-get install -f
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
ia32-libs ia32-libs-i386:i386 lib32z1 libc6-dev-i386 oss-compat
Suggested packages:
ia32-libs-gtk ia32-libs-gtk-i386:i386
Recommended packages:
gcc-multilib
The following packages will be REMOVED:
libwine-alsa-unstable
The following NEW packages will be installed:
ia32-libs ia32-libs-i386:i386 lib32z1 libc6-dev-i386 oss-compat
0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
16 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 1,917 kB/2,146 kB of archives.
After this operation, 6,416 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Get:1
url was:"http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/"
linktext was:"http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/"
testing/main lib32z1 amd64 1:1.2.8.dfsg-1 [92.6 kB]
Get:2
testing/main oss-compat amd64 2 [4,620 B]
Get:3
testing/main libc6-dev-i386 amd64 2.17-7 [1,820 kB]
Fetched 1,917 kB in 0s (2,412 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package ia32-libs-i386.
(Reading database ... 87532 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking ia32-libs-i386 (from .../ia32-libs-i386_1%3a0.5_i386.deb) ...
Selecting previously unselected package ia32-libs.
Unpacking ia32-libs (from .../ia32-libs_1%3a0.5_amd64.deb) ...
Selecting previously unselected package lib32z1.
Unpacking lib32z1 (from .../lib32z1_1%3a1.2.8.dfsg-1_amd64.deb) ...
Selecting previously unselected package oss-compat.
Unpacking oss-compat (from .../oss-compat_2_amd64.deb) ...
Setting up ia32-libs-i386 (1:0.5) ...
Setting up ia32-libs (1:0.5) ...
Setting up lib32z1 (1:1.2.8.dfsg-1) ...
Setting up libwine-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up oss-compat (2) ...
Setting up libwine-oss-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin ...
(Reading database ... 87553 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing libwine-alsa-unstable ...
Selecting previously unselected package libc6-dev-i386.
(Reading database ... 87550 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libc6-dev-i386 (from .../libc6-dev-i386_2.17-7_amd64.deb) ...
Setting up libwine-bin-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up wine-bin-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up libwine-gl-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up libwine-print-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up libwine-sane-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up libwine-cms-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up libwine-gphoto2-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up libwine-ldap-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up libwine-openal-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up wine-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up libc6-dev-i386 (2.17-7) ...
Setting up libwine-dev-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up libwine-capi-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
Setting up libwine-dbg-unstable (1.5.5-0.1) ...
So Wine 1.5.5 is installed, but still useless as:
wine '/media/Games/World of Warcraft/Wow.exe' -opengl
err:wgl:has_opengl Failed to load libGL: libGL.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
err:wgl:has_opengl OpenGL support is disabled.
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
Direct3D9 is not available without OpenGL.
/sigh. Useless.
spaceman
8 months have passed with me using the M13 install I *somehow* managed to get Wine working on. Then I broke it. So I returned to this project and finally I've nailed it. Ironically reviewing my past efforts I see that I missed one tiny, but nevertheless, essential step. So this is for anyone who has curse the absence of up-to-date Wine version in the Debian repos.

I enable the testing repo's in /etc/apt/sources.lists.d/debian.list and the Liquorix repo in /etc/apt/sources.lists.d/various.list.

# apt-get update
Warning: This apt-get update is necessary to initialise the new software repositories just enabled.

# dpkg --add-architecture i386

# apt-get update
Warning: This apt-get update is essential to initialise the i386 repositories just enabled. Failure will lead to ia32-libs refusing to install due to missing dependencies, namely ia32-libs-i386 having no installation candidate.

apt-get install ia32-libs.
This process should complete without errors.

# apt-get install xorg
So, I now run smxi; add non-free; and at the next point I either install the latest Liquorix kernel or install a proprietary graphic driver. Or both. If you're going to use another kernel install that first, reboot to that kernel then install the nVidia driver.

# apt-get install gdm3
I like gdm3 but slim is also very good.

# apt-get install xfce4
Graphical environment last...reboot.

Once logged on to Xfce4, I open a terminal and issue:

sudo apt-get install wine1.7
This version of Wine works fine. I've tested this with five discrete installation over the last two days. I really hope this is the answer to some poor Linux gamers prayer. __{{emoticon}}__
Silent Observer
spaceman wrote:This version of Wine works fine. I've tested this with five discrete installation over the last two days. I really hope this is the answer to some poor Linux gamers prayer. __{{emoticon}}__
Might be -- I've been fighting with trying to get the correct (Mepis 12) version of Wine into antiX 13.2 64-bit testing, in order to be able to install pipelight to give up-to-date Flash to Firefox (Chrome runs Flash 14 just fine, but refuses to use the Java plugin; I need both). I'll have to come back to this when I'm booted in antiX on this machine and see if it'll install the Mepis 12 version of Wine 1.7.19, which I'm told is critical to meeting dependencies for pipelight...

No, this isn't (immediately) for something super-sophisticated like Path of Exile (that runs fine after installation with PlayOnLinux with the correct back-dated version of Wine); this is to let me play on Pogo.com, where they have a mix of Java and Flash games (and where I now have to keep switching back and forth between Chrome and Firefox).
Silent Observer
spaceman wrote:This version of Wine works fine. I've tested this with five discrete installation over the last two days. I really hope this is the answer to some poor Linux gamers prayer. __{{emoticon}}__
I've got Wine 1.7.19 installed in my Mepis 11, it's great -- that version fixed a program that hasn't been able to install its client updates for months, and didn't break anything (that I use). Unfortunately, I've been completely unable to get any version of Wine newer than the 1.6.2 that's in the Debian repos to install in antiX 13.2 64-bit testing (now Jessie, with antiX 3.14.4 kernel). I've tried to follow your steps above, but can't find a liquorix repo for Jessie or Wheezy, and with the repos you give (daverserver testing, debian testing, liquorix sid) and fresh apt-get update, there is no installation candidate for ia32-libs-i386.

I've been led to understand that ia32-libs is no longer part of Debian in any way; the 32-bit support is now built into the kernel, but this requires the Wine package to be rebuilt to remove the dependence on ia32-libs. The Mepis 12 repos contain a version of wine built for Wheezy (which I understood still had ia32-libs), but I can't get it to install those depends in antiX, even with the Mepis 12 repos enabled.

I'm beginning to think my quest to get away from periodically having to fresh-install the entire OS because of development-cycle obsolescence has put me so far out on the bleeding edge that I can't get the packages I need. Or is this why there aren't many rolling distros in Debian in the first place -- because right after a testing-to-stable transition, the testing repos will be almost impossible to use for a while?
spaceman
Ah...right.

I rebuilt my laptop this weekend. Repeatedly. I finally gave up and installed the 32bit version of antiX Core M13.1, the Debian Testing repos have been updated and multiarch support is broken. It was so badly broken that I couldn't load the proprietary nVidia driver and get into a GUI...

I guess you're right that's the reason why rolling distros are difficult and every update and destroy a working system. Wine 1.7 does work faultlessly on 32bit antiX though... __{{emoticon}}__
Silent Observer
Maybe that's what I need to do on my Core2Duo -- I've been thinking of reinstalling antX 13.2 64-bit, and installing Wine and KDE before upgrading to testing repos, but it might be better to just stick with 32- it. So much for what I was told a year or so ago when I was new on MEPIS and had just upgraded my RAM -- that 64-bit was the standard. That may be true for Windows 7 and 8, but it certainly seems as if Linux is sticking to 32-bit as a standard and 64-bit is for those who don't mind stuff occasionally not working...
Alanarchy
Posts 0
Alanarchy
Debian Testing repos have been updated and multiarch support is broken
It's not broken - They simply have it on a seven year roll-out plan, and it isn't yet rolled out properly on Jessie and Sid. Something has to have been made prior to becoming"broken".

I would have thought the more relevent question would be to ask why the Nvidia driver isn't working properly. Why don't you use SMXI to install it like anybvody else? The Nouveu driver has to be removed completely from the system and balcklisted in grub.menu1st amd the blacklist file BEFORE installing the Nvidia driver seeing as you're not using SMXI to do it for you.
spaceman
spaceman
Thanks for the suggestion...however, I was.