meldawson
Shay wrote: I prefer wicd myself.
"wicd or nowicd", that was the question.  Some people want wicd enabled by default and some people want it disabled by default.  We went back to leaving wicd off by default on the live system but we made a change that we though would help people who want it enabled.  We added the"wicd" and"nowicd" cheats (which can be abbreviated with"disable=W" (enable) and"disable=w" (disable)) and we made the choice sticky so you only have to do it once on a live-usb.  This also means the choice carries over to the installed system which is why you are now seeing a problem you didn't see before.   It seemed safest to carry over the live choice to the installed system to avoid having networking problems on the installed system that didn't show up on live.
I will redo the install using the cheat code. Then report the outcome.

I see the problem now.
This was almost a show stopper for me. Spent to much time trying to get my wifi working. Whic every way the developers decide to do this it must be made apparent to new users that to get your wifi connected you must use the F4 option and select wicd on. Other than that this is a very good distro. Thanks for all the work...

rokytnji
We got lot's of show stoppers. 😆

Howdy and Welcome.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Users do NOT have to use wicd for wifi. The default ceni works just fine. Just like with wicd, of course, you need to set up your wifi connection on first use.
fatmac
I prefer ceni, it's perfectly good, & easy to use.
BitJam
Me three.  I prefer ceni.   The wicd ncurses interface is a bit of a puzzle box for me.
skidoo
meldawson wrote:to get your wifi connected you must use the F4 option and select wicd on.
Just clarifying something already mentioned, which meldawson may have missed.
The bootscreen selectbox options just serve as a convenient alternative to typing various bootline"cheatcodes"
(paraphrased)
Can use the"wicd" and"nowicd" bootline cheatcodes (which can be abbreviated with"disable=W" (enable) and"disable=w" (disable))
Note: the choice is sticky ~~ you only need to select it once on a live-usb. Also, the choice carries over to the installed system
corsiglia
meldawson a écrit :to get your wifi connected you must use the F4 option and select wicd on.

Where is that"F4 option" ?  I mean when software AntiX starts or later ?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
On the live iso, at the the boot menu