Eperbab
Virtualbox works on my original kernel (3.5.0), but doesn't work on newly installed kernels.
DKMS is installed and latest version ( 2.2.0.3-1.2). gcc and make are also the latest version.
Kernel headers are installed for all kernels.
Reinstalling from repos or from virtualbox.org doesn't help.
During reinstall it says, that no suitable modules were found for running kernel.

The manual says that I should run 'etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup', but the file isn't there.

output of # apt-get install --reinstall virtualbox virtualbox-dkms virtualbox-source virtualbox-qt virtualbox-ose-dkms
DKMS make.log for virtualbox-4.1.18 for kernel 3.7.5-antix.1-486-smp (i686)
2013. febr. 13., szerda, 19.05.16 CET
make: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.7.5-antix.1-486-smp'
LD /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/built-in.o
LD /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/built-in.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/linux/SUPDrv-linux.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/SUPDrv.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/SUPDrvSem.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/alloc-r0drv.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/initterm-r0drv.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/memobj-r0drv.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/mpnotification-r0drv.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/powernotification-r0drv.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/linux/assert-r0drv-linux.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/linux/alloc-r0drv-linux.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/linux/initterm-r0drv-linux.o
CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/linux/memobj-r0drv-linux.o
/var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/linux/memobj-r0drv-linux.c: In function ‘rtR0MemObjNativeMapUser’:
/var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/linux/memobj-r0drv-linux.c:1451:38: error: ‘VM_RESERVED’ undeclared (first use in this function)
/var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/linux/memobj-r0drv-linux.c:1451:38: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[2]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv/r0drv/linux/memobj-r0drv-linux.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build/vboxdrv] Error 2
make: *** [_module_/var/lib/dkms/virtualbox/4.1.18/build] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.7.5-antix.1-486-smp'
Last edited by Eperbab on 14 Feb 2013, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
use svmi or smxi G (no need to go out of X) to install the non-free version.
Eperbab
Thanks. I have used smxi -G. Now Oracle virtualbox runs on the 3.7.5 kernel, but..

I get an error message saying, that usb drives are not accessible on guest, add your user to vboxusers group.. I doublechecked, that my user (both users on guest and host) is in the group, but I'm still getting this error.

Also I tried to open my shared folder, but only root has access to it. Tried to edit owner/rwx flags as root, but can't change them.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Did you install guest additiobs as well?
Eperbab
I have installed guest additions on guest, but it doesn't run propely.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Install it on the host
fenrin
I tested VirtualBox under AntiX 13 beta. With the packages from the repo I had not any success either.

Then I downloaded and installed VirtualBox via the general Linux package - the file with the .run ending (from
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads"
linktext was:"https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads"
====================================
). And now it works.

It seems to me that the kernel building via dkms does not work properly on Debian Wheezy (or Antix 13 beta). I had the same issue with OSSv4. There are packages for OSSv4 in the repository, but these do not work on my system. But installing from source and the OSS kernel module is built correctly.
Eperbab
Anti: The guest addition iso was installed on host, mounted on guest, and guest additions were installed from the CD to guest.
Shortly to say guest additions were installed on guest. Did You mean that by 'install it on host' ?
Thanks to point out, that the Oracle version installed by smxi -G has more features. (version 4.2.6 vs. 4.1.18)

Today I have reinstalled virtualbox Oracle 4.2.6 twice with smxi -G, run the guest additions CD as root on guest, drag & drop was set to two way, also clipboard set to two way. Now I can drag & drop files from host to guest, copypaste text in both direction, but can't copy files from guest to host.

Moving guest files to shared folder works for now, but drag & drop in guest to host direction would be nice. My shared folder also works propely.
After switching to RTFM mode, I have found this in the manual:
15.4. Version 4.2.0 (2012-09-13)
Added experimental support for Drag'n'drop from the host to Linux guests. Support for more guests and for guest-to-host is planned. (bug #81)
So it can't be helped now.