skidavem
Hi,
I was searching for a Linux distribution that did not require sse2 for an old Athlon XP 3200+ computer. Tried Antix 16.2. I am very pleasantly surprised by ease of install and performance!

However, I must be missing something. Drag and drop for copy or move works great. But right click and selecting copy gives the error 'Can't copy object into itself'. Ctrl + c produces the same window and error. If I change the path in that window and then hit enter, the copy completes as desired. Is that really how this is supposed to work?
Thanks
Last edited by skidavem on 03 Sep 2017, 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Which desktop session or which application are you using ?
skidavem
icewm. I have two copies of File Manager, the first showing the source file and the 2nd with the target folder open. I right click on the source icon and the copy window opens with the source path/filename in the small edit rectangle. When I click the copy button, I get the error.

I am very used to ubuntu unity so I was expecting a copy/paste option when I right click.
Dave
Hmm not sure I do not use rox myself, maybe someone could point you in the right direction as to how to use rox because to the best of my understanding you are using it correctly. Alternatively you could try space-icewm under desktop other desktop in the menu and see if spacefm is more familiar to you.
skidavem
Thanks
I switched desktop to space-icewm which gives a much more familiar file manager (at least more like what I am used to). Did I mark this solved correctly?
BitJam
skidavem wrote:I switched desktop to space-icewm which gives a much more familiar file manager (at least more like what I am used to).
I'm glad you got it to work! Your choice should be saved across reboots automatically.
Did I mark this solved correctly?
Edit your first post and add"(Solved)" to the beginning or end of the subject line.
skidoo
The rox file manager is geared toward drag/drop for file copy & other operations.
You can customize the behavior via rox options.

per my current rox-filer settings:
A drop without any modifier keys depressed will raise a"choose action" menu.
If shift key is held during drag, the drop achieves"move".
If ctrl key is held during drag, the drop achieves"copy".