afab4
I did a sid dist-upgrade this morning and upon bootup received errors pertaining to udev, the boot sequence halted and the PC shut down. __{{emoticon}}__
Tried on an install on a different partitition and got same result.
udev was in the list of upgraded packages.
Fortunately, I had an antixsnapshot to reinstall with.

EDIT:
I put udev and the 2 accompanying library files on hold and dist-upgraded successfully so it is definately an issue with udev.
Last edited by afab4 on 02 Aug 2012, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Install the latest antiX kernel (and headers) from the repo.

apt-get install linux-image-3.5.0-antix.2-486-smp linux-headers-3.5.0-antix.2-486-smp

To boot into the 'broken' partitions (if you can't) use an older version of the initrd.gz (ie on the snapshot). Do not rebuild initramfs.
This should get you to desktop so you can install the above mentioned kernel and headers and the latest udev.
afab4
anticapitalista wrote:Install the latest antiX kernel (and headers) from the repo.

apt-get install linux-image-3.5.0-antix.2-486-smp linux-headers-3.5.0-antix.2-486-smp

To boot into the 'broken' partitions (if you can't) use an older version of the initrd.gz (ie on the snapshot). Do not rebuild initramfs.
This should get you to desktop so you can install the above mentioned kernel and headers and the latest udev.
I had to download from Index of /antiX/uploads/main as the repo has not updated yet.
Installed kernel and headers , dist-upgraded and all is well.
Thanks!