thriftee
I have not got any major new packages, just small tweaks, mahbe 1 10 mb total, and its a 4 gb partition, so I don't understand why I'd be running out of space.

Any thoughts what might be the problem?
Last edited by thriftee on 04 Nov 2016, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
thriftee
I determined that /live/boot-dev was my USB boot drive /dev/sdb1 so I looked there for anything unusual and found:

/live/boot-dev/antix/archive/0001/linuxfs.old 632 mb

I deleted it by hand and will try again.

That solved the space problem. I think it asked me if I wanted to delete it, and I said yes, but maybe it didn't do it, and didn't take it into the calculated available space

PS: I found a small, but very useful package called ncdu - NCurses DU which makes it easy to find the problem

ncdu -x /live/boot-dev
skidoo
linuxfs.old
You've performed a live-remaster?
(I think that's the only way the linuxfs.old gets generated; it serves as a backup in case you want/need to rollback after remastering.)

IIRC, you'll similarly wind up with rootfs.old and/or homefs.old if you perform a persistfile resize operation.
If storage space is limited, yeah that's a point of housekeeping you'll want to attend to. Somewhere in the docs that (housekeeping) is probably mentioned, but it's a detail which is easily forgotten.