Rademes
Good Day!
1. Is it possible to change colour or better make transparent (as it should be) that frame around GTK application? Red arrow in screenshot. Now that HUGE black frame looks Weird!
2. How to change colour around system tray icons in IceWM desktop environment? Yellow arrow in screenshot.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://storage6.static.itmages.ru/i/17/0103/h_1483463703_5240633_b7547cb2af.png"
linktext was:"http://storage6.static.itmages.ru/i/17/ ... 7cb2af.png"
====================================

I could not find the option to change that colour in theme configuration file.
Last edited by Rademes on 05 Jan 2017, 16:12, edited 2 times in total.
SamK
I have never that behaviour here.
working as expected
working as expected
Perhaps it is a quirk of your icon set and theme.

One thing you might try for the taskbar item is to log out then log in again.
Rademes
SamK wrote:Perhaps it is a quirk of your icon set and theme.
Rechecked my settings, everything was OK, then removed compton, which I was installed with hope to get transparency. After removing it and rebooting that weird black frame is gone. Still looking how to change colour around system tray icons.
skidoo
Hmmm, when I load the icegil themes, I do not see the off-color gray shown in your screenshot.
Is it the theme named"icegil medium"?
(my guess from looking at screenshot)

Browse to this path in file manager
/usr/share/icewm/themes/icegil-remix-medium/taskbar/
or
from commandline mirage /usr/share/icewm/themes/icegil-remix-medium/taskbar

These are the imagefiles used by the theme.
You can experiment by moving (renaming) one of the files
/usr/share/icewm/themes/icegil-remix-medium/taskbar/taskbuttonbg.xpm
and copy/rename a more desirable -looking xpm to take the place of the bumped image.
(note: explaining this as an example. I don't know exactly which file is used as the tray background image)

After a change, you'll likely need to restart the session to cause the changed files to be reloaded.
Rademes
I use AntiX-Blue/YourFonts theme.
Changing files did not helped. It only changed other taskbar colours, but colour around system tray icons remained the same.
reverseDog
Rademes wrote:I use AntiX-Blue/YourFonts theme.
Changing files did not helped. It only changed other taskbar colours, but colour around system tray icons remained the same.
Simply insert the line

Code: Select all

ColorDefaultTaskBar="#575757"
into the file /usr/share/icewm/themes/AntiX-Blue/YourFonts.theme. Or choose any other color that suits you. Then log out and in again in order to enable the new background color.
skidoo
Maybe IceWM isn't able to properly decode/render transparency for certain iconfiles and, as a result, displays instead that gray background.
To test this theory, try using lxappearance to swap in different iconsets.

another troubleshooting step:
try viewing the affected iconfiles via mirage and/or via web browser(s).
Is a transparent bg rendered in those applications for the affected iconfiles?

edit:
lookit, from google search results

url was:"https://sourceforge.net/p/icewm/mailman/message/10988356/"
linktext was:"https://sourceforge.net/p/icewm/mailman ... /10988356/"

url was:"https://sourceforge.net/p/icewm/notabug/8/"
linktext was:"https://sourceforge.net/p/icewm/notabug/8/"
SamK
The method outlined by reversedog is the way to handle it.
reverseDog wrote:Simply insert the line

Code: Select all

ColorDefaultTaskBar="#575757"
into the file /usr/share/icewm/themes/AntiX-Blue/YourFonts.theme. Or choose any other color that suits you. Then log out and in again in order to enable the new background color.
When antiX-13-Full was shipping with the blue-crystal as the default IceWM theme, I proposed way to work around it. This is the method I used when designing the IceWM Clearview themes for antiX-16.

Abstract
SamK wrote:[...]
It [the attached screenshot] shows both the faulty and fixed states.
Illustrating the outcome
Illustrating the outcome

It is trivial to implement.
Edit /usr/share/icewm/themes/blue-crystal/default.theme
Change the value of ColorDefaultTaskBar=
From"#4c3c32"
To"#a1a9c6"

To view the result, logout out and in (restarting IceWM is insufficient).

Explanation
IceWM defaults to setting the look of the taskbar by using /usr/share/icewm/themes/blue-crystal/taskbar/taskbarbg.xpm whenever the file present. In that case ColorDefaultTaskBar=... is ignored. However, the area on the taskbar used by icons such as Volume Icon does not use taskbarbg.xpm for its background. Instead it uses the value specified by ColorDefaultTaskBar.

The xpm file contains a graduated colour scheme. ColorDefaultTaskBar, can only specify a single, solid colour. Because of this it is never possible to get a 100% match, so I have chosen a colour that gets as close as possible and produces an acceptable result.
[...]
Rademes
Thank you for your help!
reverseDod's advice helped. I have added ColorDefaultTaskBar="rgb:57/57/57" to /usr/share/icewm/themes/AntiX-Blue/YourFonts.theme and now tray icons have normal colour.
Meanwhile, following skidoo's advice, I have changed iconset using lxappearance but ROX file manager refuses to accept new iconset, while other file managers changed without problems. How can I force ROX file manager to accept new iconset?
skidoo
If a rox-filer icon exists on your desktop, can right-click that icon,
or within the rox-filer window, right-clicking while pointing at a blank spot opens contextmenu --} Options

Rademes
Thank you!
I need to be more attentive...