macondo
I'm vision impaired; i have to use a dark background color with a gray foreground color.
Iceweasel, in this version, fails to show the right color (gray) for the fonts with a dark background. Should i report this bug to the Mozilla forums or is this an oversight of the Mepis/antiX devs? Like i said, in previous iceweasel versions this problem does not exist.

PD: let me clarify, for every day reading on this site it works correctly, but if i want to post as i'm doing right now, the foreground color is black, eventhough, i chose gray for the text in the Preferences section, making it hard to read with a dark background.

Thanks
Here's a
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3343/3327951689_54cedce7a7_o.png"
linktext was:"screenshot"
====================================
illustrating what i mean.
Last edited by macondo on 18 Mar 2009, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
eriefisher
I find you image very difficult to read. The font looks to be dark grey on a green back ground.

Try changing the font color in edit>>preferences>>contents>>fonts&colors. select a black or at least darker font, maybe a pretty blue.
macondo
eriefisher wrote:I find you image very difficult to read.
No kidding __{{emoticon}}__
The font looks to be dark grey on a green back ground.
No. It's the lightest gray, i even tried white.
Try changing the font color in edit>>preferences>>contents>>fonts&colors. select a black or at least darker font, maybe a pretty blue.
If i do that, it will be worse. Believe me i've been doing this for years __{{emoticon}}__

As i mentioned, this is hapenning in the latest version of iceweasel only. In every day use it works flawlessly but if i need to post, that's where it fails.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
How about changing the theme for the forum here.
macondo
That did it! __{{emoticon}}__ I chose the 'darkholic' theme.
Thanks anti, it's even faster...now i can read effortlessly __{{emoticon}}__
macondo
This color problem was solved with iceweasel 3.0.7 when i upgraded to Sid __{{emoticon}}__
macondo
Iceweasel 3.0.7 solved the bug __{{emoticon}}__