secipolla
I'm using antiX-M8.5 base and no matter how I change ~/.fluxbox/init nothing happens (and in antiX-M8.2-sid - with updated fluxbox - it doesn't work too).
I click on 'reconfigure' and even try to logout but nothing changes.

I installed volwheel to be able to set the volume from the toolbar but there's a problem: volwheel uses the mouse wheel to raise and lower the volume (good) but when set to tray if I scroll over it then the desktop changes workspaces and the volume don't change.
The mystery is that a while ago, while I was examining fluxbox styles in M8.2-sid, for some time the workspace changing was disabled (most of you know that when we fiddle with styles or themes the X session may get a bit messed). So I searched fluxbox wiki and found the proper settings for the init file:

Code: Select all

session.screen0.toolbar.wheeling:    false
that's disabling wheeling only over the toolbar (for the desktop is another config line).
I even tried changing other init lines like the desktop wheeling or reverse wheeling (to reverse the workspace order) but none takes effect.

Perhaps fb was compiled without these options to be disabled?

edit- well, I know that in M8.2 (full) I can just set the keys to work with aumix (right?) but in the base I would rather just keep only alsamixer and have volwheel in the tray for the on-the-go changing.
Last edited by secipolla on 23 Nov 2009, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
secipolla
I see that ~/.fluxbox/keys has some settings that may be overriding init. I'll try changing them.
secipolla
Sorry guys. Alt+mouse wheel sets the volume up and down (I know this is everywhere over the forum but I came after Icewm was the default and also i thought it would need aumix to work).

But anyway I commented

#!mouse actions added by fluxbox-update_configs
#OnToolbar Mouse4 :NextWorkspace
#OnToolbar Mouse5 :PrevWorkspace
and set

OnDesktop Mouse4 :PrevWorkspace
OnDesktop Mouse5 :NextWorkspace
in the keys file so I got what I wanted. So the keys files takes precedence over the init one (getting used to fluxbox).

Also I found that if the mouse wheel is enabled for the toolbar then volwhell's mini-mixer opens fine (left click) but if the the mouse wheel is disabled for the toolbar (required for volwheel to work properly) the mini-mixer only works if there's another window already using that workspace, otherwise it only flashes and doesn't open.