deetee
Hi

There have been 2 previous posts about this, but the proposals there haven't helped.

I have just installed antix from liveCD, in which it all worked grand. I have installed overtop of a ubuntu (and before that demudi/agnula) distro, which I mention because I've kept my home directory on a separate partition.

I can still login via the tty1 text screen, so it clearly has to do with the graphical somethings....

Adding nogui to the boot line doesn't actually seem to stop the graphical interface firing up??

I've deleted /var/log/slim.log as suggested in another post - it wasn't very big and it doesn't solve the problem.

thanks for any help!
dee
Last edited by deetee on 18 Mar 2010, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
secipolla
antiX's SLiM is configured to use ~/.xinitrc for the login. This means, I think, that if you haven't installed the default /home dir then it won't work.
So you may boot the liveCD again and copy its /home contents to your installed /home. Just pay attention if it will overwrite some app configuration that you may want to keep (both PCManFM and ROX-Filer will ask you beforehand).
deetee
THANK YOU!

That worked perfectly, and I now have antix running not on one but 2 ageing laptops, and am soooo happy.
thanks to all who made this possible __{{emoticon}}__