andfree
Hi. I used antix2usb tool to create a bootable usb flash drive, but it didn't boot. There was only a black screen.

Then I created it again by using unetbootin, but while trying to boot, I got this message:

Code: Select all

missing parameter in configuration file. Keyword: default
gfxboot.c32: not a com32R image
boot:
I typed"help" and pressed"enter" and got this:

Code: Select all

Could not find kernel image: Help
boot:
The laptop is Toshiba Satellite 2450-s203 and I use Plop Boot Manager. I use antiX-16_386-full.iso. I checked hash and it was ok.
Last edited by andfree on 21 Oct 2016, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
rokytnji
Have you tried Rufus yet. That seems to be what Anti suggests for a external usb live iso installer.

Also. What version of AntiX version are you using to use the antix2usb app?
Is the USB in question clean <not flagged as boot> and formatted as fat 32 also.
Before you begin the antix2usb process.
I'm not all awake yet. Super early in my timezone. So I am not going to be much help
on this. I never have a problem with Linux versions of Unetbootin making Antix live usbs
for me. But I think unetbootin uses some dependencies I have installed.

Like mtools and 7zip.
dolphin_oracle
the issue is an incompatible version of syslinux .

as a work around, you can either upgrade syslinux or at the boot: prompt just type"live"
andfree
dolphin_oracle wrote:as a work around, you can either upgrade syslinux or at the boot: prompt just type"live"
Typing"live" got the job done. Many thanks. Now I have this dilemma: Should I do a fresh install of Antix-16 or should I keep Antix-15.1 and run regularly apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade?
rokytnji
I read Anti's release notes for AntiX 16.

It is why I am still on AntiX 15 and have not done a AntiX 16 install. My systems have have the new sntixcc, all the latest libs and applications. So kinda no point in it for me.