topic title: SMXI fails
Hannes Worst
I have regularly upgraded antix-sid using smxi, and installed the newest sidux and mepiskernel. However when I try to use smxi with these newest kernels -after I shutdown grafical screen- it ends with the messages
ACPI:I/0 resource vt596_smbus conflicts with ACPI region SMOV (0x400-0x406)
. And then nothing happens anymore. However on the old MEPISkernel 2.6.27-1-mepis-smp, smxi just functions properly. Is there something I can do to make smxi work on the newest kernels?

Thanks in advance
secipolla
Did you try booting to the console (append the number 3 to the boot line) and running smxi?

edit- also you could add acpi=off
So you press 'e' at the grub menu to edit the line, go to the line that begins with 'linux' and add

Code: Select all

acpi=off 3
to the end
Hannes Worst
Thanks, Secipolla!

I've added the line to the kernel parameters. It did not solve the problem with smxi though. Now I get a totally black screen when I shutdown desktop using the newest kernel. I have to continu my search I believe.
secipolla
This may have nothing to do but...when you dist-upgrade with smxi do you get a lot of packages that 'will not be upgraded'?
I had this problem running antiX-sid and it was because of the Mepis repo so when I commented them in /etc/apt/sources.list smxi was able to dist-upgrade fully. If this is happening to you too then the upgrades may fix something.
Hannes Worst
Well, I think it's kernel related. I can stil use and upgrade AntiX with smxi with the old mepiskernel and only IceWM-package is not upgraded. Smxi just doesn't work with the newest kernels on my machine.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Hannes Worst, post this over at the smxi site. h2 would like to know what is going qrong I'm sure.

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://techpatterns.com/forums/"
linktext was:"http://techpatterns.com/forums/"
====================================
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false