h2
I just finished testing and debugging the new fglrx install option, which should in general offer one slightly more reliable method of installing fglrx drivers.

This option is currently only available directly through sgfxi, not via smxi:

sgfxi -f
will install the current fglrx driver using the direct binary package install, bypassing the deb constructor method, that seems to be be perpetually broken, at least for 64 bit systems.

I also updated the error handler to show the suggestion to try sgfxi -f if the regular method ends in failure while trying to build the debs.

This new work was enabled by a hardware donation I got that let me build a new test box for ati cards, so I was now able to find a fix a lot of the problems in sgfxi fglrx install that remote debugging efforts had failed to clean up.

I did a few other small updates too, added all current xorg video drivers as install options using sgfxi -N <driver name>, plus improved the missing package tests, which seem to not have worked properly in some of the tests I did.

Also, once sid goes back to being fully unstable, apparently the new radeonhd driver will be greatly improved as well, handling more cards, so give that a try too.