masinick
I wrote an article and got it published today in LXer:

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/114075/"
linktext was:"here"
====================================
. It is about three great distributions for Christmas. I hope you read it and you enjoy it!
eriefisher
Great article. Congratulations on getting it published but I guess this is not your first time.
oldhoghead
oldhoghead
Site Admin
Nice article Brian, I have always appreciated your interest and knowledge of Mepis and now of course antiX, I too use all three, in order:
antiX, Mepis, Sidux. I did have lenny up and running for a while, but seemed to require too many tweaks to get it like I want. I have distro hopped around early on, but quickly found that no other distro compared in ease of installation, was rock solid and just worked like Mepis did. Then of course antiX was born and I found life for my old laptop. I will continue to keep Sidux as I like the bleeding edge too.

cheers,
oldhoghead
plvera
Congratulations Brian!

I found the article informative and useful, particularly in its description of sidux.

thanks.

Pedro
dark-D
very useful information masinick, i had a great read, thanks.
masinick
Thank you very much! I hope that this article will help all three projects get some additional visibility as we enter into the New Year. Happy New Year to everyone!
OU812
OU812
Brian,

Excellent work. Thank you very much.

Ever think of writing for tuxmachines, etc.?

john
masinick
eriefisher wrote:Great article. Congratulations on getting it published but I guess this is not your first time.
I did quite a bit of writing in 2001 and 2002, and was hoping at the time to use freelance writing and journalism as a means to finance the creation of a consulting business. I did not have sufficient capital, nor enough appreciation of what it takes to be successful at it then, but I have at least learned a few things along the way.

These days I mostly evaluate and write articles to keep my friends informed on what's happening, and keep my fingers able to write. I'm most interested in being able to eat and support my family, but I do have continued interests in these areas.

I am sure looking forward to what antiX has in store for us. I really believe that this upcoming release is paving the way for what antiX can do in the year ahead. If we can get a kernel that supports more old processors, I think we will be in even better shape, and I am very optimistic about what is possible.

I am looking forward to working with everyone here to ensure the best possible future for antiX and this community, as well as the MEPIS and sidux communities as well. They are definitely my personal favorites, and I have made many friends in these fine communities!