chrispop99
Three generations of Thinkpads:

anticapitalista
Site Admin
Nice!

When I'm in the UK for the summer, i'm going to buy myself an old second hand/refurbished Thinkpad as a treat.
Not sure which generation to buy though.
chrispop99
I only purchased the T23 (left) and T41(centre) to use for testing distros like antiX. The T61 just kind of completed the set. They all came from eBay for not a lot of money - the T41 was 35UKP, and the T61 was 48UKP complete with a docking station.

I actually prefer DELL Latitude laptops, and have bought quite a few of those for myself, and for friends and family. IMO they are easier to work on than the Thinkpads, and they don't have quite so much hardware that is locked to the BIOS. The Thinkpads do have nice keyboards though.

My personal laptops are DELL E6430 machines with Core i5 CPU's. I have three of them; one Windows, one Linux, and one as a test machine. I paid around 200UKP; two of them were still within the three year warranty.

Chris
rokytnji
anticapitalista wrote:Nice!

When I'm in the UK for the summer, i'm going to buy myself an old second hand/refurbished Thinkpad as a treat.
Not sure which generation to buy though.
Might look at a dual core atom netbook maybe. Or single core <youtube has maxxed those cpus out, n270>

Just a suggestion is all. I am posting from my small single core atom netbook tethered to my Iphone. I like having a small travel computer that takes up no space or is lunky on a trip.