pjohnson
Hi All

This has been driving me mad the last day or so, I installed WiFi-Radar using apt-get and would like to run it as a normal user so I can have a toolbar/menu link in IceWM. I tried adding a new item to the toolbar and putting"sudo" in front of the command"/usr/sbin/wifi-radar". Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Peter.
eriefisher
Try editing the /etc/sudoers file as root and add this line:

Code: Select all

%users ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/wifi-radar
Not sure if it will work but worth a try.
pjohnson
Thanks Eriefisher, it allows the app to execute but it then comes up with an error saying"no wifi-device found. Exiting.". Is there any way of allowing all users to have access to ETH1 and WIFI0 devices/connections?

Thanks,

Peter.
eriefisher
I don't think it's a problem with the app. Was your wifi working before? What is the chip used?
OU812
OU812
Try"gksu /usr/sbin/wifi-radar" as your command.

john
pjohnson
Eriefisher: Yes wireless was working and still works if I use 'su' and run the app. I am using a Cisco 350 Aironet wireless adapter.
John (OU812): I will give this a try and report back!

Thanks all,

Peter.
pjohnson
John: It worked perfectly, many thanks!!

I now have a working"netbook" __{{emoticon}}__

My machine is as follows:

Toshiba Portege 3110CT
300MHz Pentium II
192Mb RAM
16Gb Transcend CF (using an 2.5" IDE adapter!)
Cisco 802.11b WiFi Adapter
Running AntiX 7.5 and IceWM

Thanks everyone who has helped me and my humble thanks to the developers of such a great OS!

Peter.
eriefisher
I'm sorry Peter, I thought you trying to somehow auto start it in the tray at login.
pjohnson
Eriefisher, that's okay. I don't like hundreds of programs running on start up anyhow (my main gripe with a certain other OS).

As you can tell I am pretty new to Linux but I'm really enjoying it on this machine __{{emoticon}}__

Thanks again,

Peter.