thriftee
Its available from synaptic. It allows you to configure what the power button does, so you can make it suspend, and auto-dim the screen, etc to save power on battery.

Its a bit large, but if you are working from a laptop, its worth trying. It comes up on the menu, but I just added it to my main menu in IceWm right under the control center option so I could get at it easily.

prog"Power Manager" /usr/share/icons/Faenza-Cupertino-mini/status/32/xfpm-ac-adapter.png xfce4-power-manager-settings

Actually it would be nice to have as a control center option built in, but that would be tricky for me to figure out how to do.

xfce4-power-manager
power manager for Xfce desktop
skidoo
to have as a control center option built in, but that would be tricky for me to figure out how to do.
To customize controlCentre, you will be editing sudo geany /usr/local/bin/antixcc.sh (after making a backup copy of that file)

If you post the content of the .desktop launcher for power-manager in [ code ] tags
so that I can see what launchstring and icon it utilizes, I'll followup by posting a block of"code" that you can paste into antixcc.sh

After editing/saving, you can keep open text editor window and relaunch cc to immediately see/tweak your changes.
You'll get to decide where the launcher appears (which"tab", and where among sibling launchers within a tab"page")
and I expect that you'll quickly realize that it's a"fun" exercise.
thriftee
skidoo wrote:
to have as a control center option built in, but that would be tricky for me to figure out how to do.
To customize controlCentre, you will be editing sudo geany /usr/local/bin/antixcc.sh (after making a backup copy of that file)

If you post the content of the .desktop launcher for power-manager in [ code ] tags
so that I can see what launchstring and icon it utilizes, I'll followup by posting a block of"code" that you can paste into antixcc.sh

After editing/saving, you can keep open text editor window and relaunch cc to immediately see/tweak your changes.
You'll get to decide where the launcher appears (which"tab", and where among sibling launchers within a tab"page")
and I expect that you'll quickly realize that it's a"fun" exercise.
Thanks, That was a good idea. I replaced the 2nd alsa mixer button with it. It works, but I noticed its not running, and has lost the settings I gave it when I had it running before the last reboot. I edited in so that it won't appear unless its installed in case anti wants to add it as an option.

My only remorse is that it took 20mb of memory to change the power button from shutdown to suspend, LOL. My work PC it suspends, and it suspends with my SlackoPup, too, so I am too used to that and keep doing it by mistake.