topic title: Rox
eriefisher
Questions for everyone.

How many of you are using the rox-destop?

Do you use the rox-filer or do you have another preference?

What about roxterm? Do you use it?

Personally I don't use the rox stuff except for roxterm, which I love.
Jerry
I primarily use roxterm, and have changed all menu items to use it as well. Never touch rox-desktop.
dark-D
i didn't used the desktop in windows __{{emoticon}}__ so in linux is a 100% no. rox-filler i use it's fast and lite but i don't like to drag and drop all the time a clipboard would be nice. i think it's the routine from so many years of windows. rox-term is not terminal from fluxbox right? i use only that.
Last edited by dark-D on 31 Jul 2008, 21:40, edited 3 times in total.
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I very rarely use rox-desktop for myself, but I have set up the old box for the partner with rox-desktop. She seems to prefer it to a straight fluxbox or icewm.

I always use rox-filer and sometimes I use roxterm. I prefer aterm.

I use the rox find rather than catfish, occasionally use archive and mplayer rox apps. (When I'm in a drag n drop mood. Just drag the video into the rox mplayer app.
mariel77
Right now I use rox-panel and filer, but not pinboard.

Dumb question: Where is rox-term? Or do I have to install it?
anticapitalista
Site Admin
You'll get it with the upgrade __{{emoticon}}__

It is installed in M7.2 (type roxterm in Run)
JawsThemeSwimming428
Mariel77,

I was wondering the same thing.

Thanks Anti!
OU812
I have used rox-desktop and idesk in the past. Currently, I'm using neither. This is mostly because I'm using icewm and it has a lot of cool features that eliminate a lot of the need for icons, etc. That and I use pcmanfm as my file manager, which makes for even more powerful combination. I use roxterm for most tasks, but I still have apps open in wterm because it is a little lighter than roxterm. I rarely use rox filer, but it does have some advantages over pcmanfm. In those instances I'll use rox.

BTW, I did try using pcmanfm to manage my desktop but in those days it was buggy. I haven't tried it since. Really, I may need an icon or two but that can easily be handled by idesk. I'm just into desktop managers any more.

john
moron
I use rox-filer with fluxbox.....don't use rox-desktop or roxterm.