THX1138
I have a Bluetooth remote control and I'd like to map its buttons to keys of the keyboard. I actually find the scancodes confusing; they're not the same as what I get on Windows 10 and it seems like there is maybe one code for button down and another for button up. Can someone confirm whether button up/down is correct interpretation? I acquired the codes using the command"showkey --scancodes" in a virtual terminal. I've looked up instructions for remapping scancodes in Debian (edit /etc/default/keyboard) but they don't deal with scancodes in the format that I have.

On Windows 10, the shutter button and the volume up button have the same scancode. They're kind of different in antiX but only because the shutter button seems to send two signals for each the volume up would send and the third code of the four contains a unique code. It would be great if antiX could treat them as different buttons.

Shutter button
0xe0 0x30 0xe0 0x30 
0xe0 0xbb 0xe0 0xb0

Volume up
0xe0 0x30
0xe0 0xb0

Volume down
0xe0 0x2e
0xe0 0xb0

Back
0xe0 0x10
0xe0 0x90

Forward
0xe0 0x19
0xe0 0x99

Play/pause
0xe0 0x22
0xe0 0xa2
Dave
NoT SuRe HoW yoU ArE doInG It*+-.. buT I haVe AlWaYs UsEd XeV in TeRmInAl AnD usEd THe NaMe ThAT It DiSpLaYs (exAmPlE xf86vOlUmEuP FoR voLuMe Up KeY) In the Keys fiLe for thE winDoW manANger I am USIng

SiDE nOtE; AppAReNtlY I am NoT alLoWeD to TypE prOpErlY oR NormAl on ThE ForUm UsINg My PHonE AnYmORe /P
wildstar84
Dave wrote: NoT SuRe HoW yoU ArE doInG It*+-..  buT I haVe AlWaYs UsEd XeV in TeRmInAl AnD usEd THe NaMe ThAT It DiSpLaYs (exAmPlE xf86vOlUmEuP FoR voLuMe Up KeY) In the Keys fiLe for thE winDoW manANger I am USIng

SiDE nOtE; AppAReNtlY I am NoT alLoWeD to TypE prOpErlY oR NormAl on ThE ForUm UsINg My PHonE AnYmORe /P
You will want to look at a program called"xbindkeys" and also the setkeycodes and xev commands.  I posted an article awhile back where I had to do some really advanced key mapping: 
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"https://wildstar84.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/make-special-hp-laptop-touchpad-toggle-key-work-in-linux/"
linktext was:"https://wildstar84.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... -in-linux/"
====================================