supusr
I have a 2011 Asus cm6850 with an Intel i5 cpu and integrated graphics. I used Deb-based Linux distros for 3 years until the Ubuntu 16.04 distros came out, when I found I could not kernels after 4.2.x with my hardware. I spent a lot of time with various helpers on various sites trying to adjust things so it would work, to no avail, and cannot invest more time in the effort. I am currently using MX-15 (fusion) with no issues, but would like to use antiX. It presents the same regression, but if there is a way to install it and then use an earlier kernel that would be great. Is that possible?

Thanks for your succinct responses, in advance.
dolphin_oracle
Alternate kernels, including"legacy" kernels, are available in the kernels area of metapackage-installer (similar to mx-packageinstaller)
supusr
Great! Is it clear during the install how to select another kernel, or do I have to install completely and then use the metapackage-installer? (My regression presents as a graphics display issue, which makes it hard to see the screen.)
dolphin_oracle
dolphin_oracle
supusr wrote:Great! Is it clear during the install how to select another kernel, or do I have to install completely and then use the metapackage-installer? (My regression presents as a graphics display issue, which makes it hard to see the screen.)
The kernel installatin is available after install. You should be able to boot in safe or failsafe mode initially if necessary.
dolphin_oracle
supusr wrote:Great! Is it clear during the install how to select another kernel, or do I have to install completely and then use the metapackage-installer? (My regression presents as a graphics display issue, which makes it hard to see the screen.)
The kernel installatin is available after install. You should be able to boot in safe or failsafe mode initially if necessary.
supusr
Thanks very much. I look forward to using antiX after installing as you suggest. I regard this inquiry as satisfactorily resolved.