sankarv
Hi,

Thanks for Great work goin on out there for this nice distro..... last 3 months im usng it and feelin quite satisfied happily.....

i came across an issue here.. (i don know infact)...

that is if i close my laptop with antix running and open it up again... the screen gets locked ...( normally this will occur)....

my username is displayed as sankarv@mepis1 (actually its sankarv)

it asks for a password and when i gave it its not accepting.... ( also tried password@mepis1... similar to username it dint work....)

every time if i leave for a while and get back normally, due to this lock problem... im restarting the xserver or opening new xsession... (especially it affects my mozilla session and copy/move usb operations, mostly i do this....)

possibly help me out with the resolution for the same...

thanks in advance.....
anticapitalista
Site Admin
Are you giving your user password to unlock?
sankarv
ofcourse...

btw im facing this issue only in LXDE window manager where as unlock is working fine in fluxbox/windowmaker....
anticapitalista
Site Admin
I'm not sure but I think it might have to do with xscreensaver. lxde uses that rather than xlock.
sankarv
sankarv
hi,

as u said i find a difference in locking screen in lxde as:

when i close my laptop the lock application invoked seems similar like the one in fluxbox /windowmaker.. (i think this is xlock)

however if i lock manually using the button at right bottom corner of the screen, the lock application invoked is different one.. (think this is xscreensaver, it has buttons to unlock after entering username/password...)

however only the former method fails to unlock but the latter has no problem....

i dunno if its a bug somewhere correlation between xlock/lxde, but it would be better if that works...