antixph
Hi again.

It is my fault for not following"if it ain't broken, why fix it".

I was curious with the very good reviews of smxi and so I tried it.

As an smxi newbie, I chose the combination dist-upgrade of antix-sid-sidux.

Everything seemed fine since it said that there were no errors.

Anyway, at the end of the process... everything looks normal except that I cannot click/open the menu or any of the icons on xfce. I have not tried going back to icewm yet.

What should I do? Should I try to re-install the whole antiX M8.2 for scratch again?

Thank you.
plvera
I would try icewm and fluxbox and see if they work. That would isolate the problem to xfce and would save you from a complete reinstall. There might be a way to fix xfce. Perhaps other more familiar with xfce can help with that.

Also, are you using the unstable repos? Is that why you chose to sid?

Pedro
rokytnji
Sounds like something got uninstalled in XFCE when you upgraded. I did a BOO BOO kinda like that once in AntiX 8.0. My mistake was hitting the upgrade button in Synaptic, After it was done and I rebooted, I lost synaptic package manager because of some Gnome installs on upgrade. To fix it, I did a, apt-get install synaptic, and when it showed what was going to be installed and what needed to be removed with ,apt-get autoclean, I saw what had killed synaptic and it was all gnome related.

You might consider doing a , apt-get --purge remove xfce, then a , apt-get autoremove , then reinstall xfce with a , apt-get update, then apt-get install xfce. Instead of reinstalling 8.2 Final again.
antixph
hi, the problem is not specific to the DE.

It seems that the"double tap" or tap on my keypad is not working.

I was able to open iceweasel in icewm by right-clicking for the menu to come-out then went to iceweasel then pressed enter.

How do I get my touchpad tapping functionality back? I can use the touchpad to navigate but no tapping feature.

Thank you
antixph
i already installed gynaptics and enabled the tap feature but still the tap feature does not work.