amos
As a new user of antiX-M8.2 i would like to ask if i could install a media player of my own choosing instead of the default one that is already installed?

Also, i would like the latest version of the Opera browser and aMSN if possible.

Would welcome any help and advice from forum members. Thanks
secipolla
Yes you can. But mplayer is very good (it sometimes pops up an error message but usually is some simple config settings that must be adjusted).

To install amsn, be root (type su in the terminal or open the root terminal in Applications>Applications>Terminal Emulators)

Code: Select all

apt-get install amsn
To install Opera, open Synaptic>Settings tab>Repositories and check the Opera line, click 'OK' and press 'Reload' (which is the same thing as 'apt-get update' in the terminal). Then search for Opera and install it.

Before installing anything it's better that you update your system with the smxi command as I posted in the other thread.
amos
I shall definitely take your advice about updating the system using the 'smxi' command before installing anything. Would just like to say a very big thank you for all the help.