Printer and Graphics card!

cousinlucky
Rokytnji wanted me to start a new thread about my printer and graphics card issues. I had downloaded Seamonkey and the hplip download for my printer but I did not need them. I installed the Iceape browser and the hplip from the synaptic package manager. I go to the end of the 5 hour Konqueror donload and it was blocked by Debian.

I have a Geforce 6200 graphics card now on my computer. Is there a package manager or Debian program to incorporate it, please?

Somehow I caused the file icon to disappear from my desktop and I would like to know how to put it back.
rokytnji
Somehow I caused the file icon to disappear from my desktop and I would like to know how to put it back.
ead

Read my chat in chatbox. I will be kinda out of it for a few days.

What file icon?

Code: Select all

$ which leafpad
/usr/bin/leafpad
As you can see. The which command tells me where the bin is for leafpad. I can then go to /usr/bin/leafpad in rox file manager and drag and drop it to the rox desktop (I am assuming that is what you are running). You can then right click on the leafpad bin you dragged to desktop and set the icon.

I am busy packing up my 3 dogs and 3 cats to kennel them up for this evacuation I am going through. I hope someone else has the time to respond to your printer and graphics issues. Sorry Cuz. I gotta sorta emergency going on here.
Dave
cousinlucky wrote: I have a Geforce 6200 graphics card now on my computer. Is there a package manager or Debian program to incorporate it, please?
antiX comes with smxi, sgfxi, inxi, etc.... I use sgfxi to install the nvidia driver for my graphics card. Seeing how you have used synaptic I am assuming you do get a graphical login, therefor the following instructions start after logging into the graphical environment.

you can find them here

========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://daveserver.info/antiX/non-debs/sgfxi.txt"
linktext was:"http://daveserver.info/antiX/non-debs/sgfxi.txt"
====================================