PHP 5,6 Problem

xpekt
Hi everyone!

So, I installed the new AntiX 15 replacing the older one and I installed the LAMP stack and it gave me an error after restarting the computer in which the screen goes black... the computer loads and displays the boot until the part it jumps into the OS desktop... So I wanted to know which software of the LAMP stack did this and it was fine until I installed the PHP5 from the jessie repo... I initially thought it was node js when I compiled it from source but it is PHP5...

Any clue on what to do?

I'm using AntiX on an eeepc 10005p.

Cheers guys and keep up the good work!!!

XpekT.
Dave
I am not certain of the question being asked or what the problem is here.... is there a problem with the lamp setup not working or is the problem the desktop does not load or perhaps both?

My first though if it was a both type senario is that you have configured apache as the webserver to use https and self signed keys for which the key file setup in the configuration is one that requires a password to be entered. If this is the case you should:
a) press control + alt + f1 and poke in the password to continue the boot sequence.
b) boot init 3 ( i think ) and disable apache on bootup so that you can get a full screen, then start apache and poke in the password or configure a passwordless key.

I am not sure what is php5? Is it the item you are currently questioning?
If so what indications do you have toward making such a hypothosis?
xpekt
PHP is a programming language that you can install on debian using the apt-get install. The apache runs well when I install it... the problem comes when try to install php5 from the jessie repo... My exact installation steps were:

1. Install Apache2 - OK! (It loads the 'It Works!' default page from localhost)
2. Install Mysql-server - OK!
3. Install PHP5-Mysql - OK!
4. Install PHP5 - ERROR (I get the black screen at the point where it should go to the Desktop)

When I used the previous AntiX it all went fine but the PHP version was 5.4 in which I saw as a good thing that jessie repos gives us the 5.6 but my laptop blacks out when I install it... I didn't mess with the apache2 config file it is as it comes.. everything that I installed on those steps are as they come by default.

Thank you for your answer I'm gonna try those steps...

XpekT.
Dave
OK now I understand a little better.
I know what php was, I just did not understand what you where writing / trying to state when ending with"I initially thought it was node js when I compiled it from source but it is PHP5". I was sort of thinking now why would node js being compiled = php5?

I currently have a lamp setup with a few extra goodies for building / testing websites and server / client programs.
My current version of php is 5.6.7-1 and have not recieved a black screen.

Where there any errors when installing?

What is the last that you can see on bootup before you recieve a black screen?

Have you tried looking into any logs at all yet?
Like: tail -100 /var/log/apache2/error.log | less -S
in terminal?

But seeing how it is apparently the desktop that is failing to load after an install of php maybe also check
tail -100 /var/log/slim.log |less -S
and
tail -100 /var/log/Xorg.0.log |less -S

Please note with tail -100 you are only seeing the last 100 lines of the log file, hopefully that is enough to see an error message and / or a repeating message. If you wish to see the whole log, use 'cat' instead of 'tail -100'.

I am not really sure why php would cause a blank screen... I did not know it to have any relation to X. So the only thing I can really think of is something is causing a hold up in the boot sequence (like apache).