tinman
Hello guys this is my first official post...........

When i kill pcmanfm it wont start when i click it from the menu .... it only starts back when i restart...Why is this so???

Also can i add some more links to the apps on the taskbar....guys can you tell me how to have thumbnail view of folders in pcmanfm.... i need that image preview or video pic on the folder (like that in windows.

I dont think this is relevant but you guys should try swiftfox... its faster..
secipolla
Hello and welcome dog lover tinman.

I was ready to post a little tip on fixing some pcmanfm related menu entries in antiX since pcmanfm is now the 0.9 version and its command line options are different.
One is under desktop>settings>pcmanfm icons; its command now is 'pcmanfm --desktop'. The other is tools>files>search; that command won't work anymore, best to use searchmonkey which is a powerful and newby friendly search tool.

Regarding your problems, is your system up-to-date? PCManFM is in rapid (really) development and keeps improving everyday. But don't be too harsh with it because it doesn't stand it. My non-tech opinion is that it's using gvfs to mount/unmount devices and when something wrong happens then forget it, as you said sometimes even logging out and back in won't solve, although I' haven't yet tried to kill gvfs also to see if it would help.
Upstream PCMan and the other developers are working in a much simpler and direct means for it to mount devices so this is all work in progress (but it's still a preferred file manager of many, deservedly).

You can set it to show thumbnails for images, but I don't think so for videos: open PCManFM's edit>preferences, screen tab and check 'show thumbnails for files'.

You need to edit ~/.icewm/toolbar to add more links to IceWM's taskbar. You can open it from the Control center>Edit icewm settings or menu>desktop>icewm>edit menu (manual) then open the toolbar file.
The syntax is evident:
prog"Name" icon command

There are other options for it too, like a popup menu (examples below)

Code: Select all

menufile"Menu" /home/antix/.icons/OxygenRefit2-red-version/48x48/actions/go-top.png programs
prog"Pasta pessoal" folder pcmanfm
prog"Terminal" xterm roxterm
prog"Navegador" /home/antix/.icons/OxygenRefit2-red-version/48x48/apps-extra/netscape.png /opt/firefox/firefox
prog"Volume" /home/antix/.icons/OxygenRefit2-red-version/32x32/apps/multimedia-volume-control.png absvolume
prog"Central de controle" /home/antix/.icons/OxygenRefit2-red-version/48x48/categories/preferences-system.png antixcc.sh
menu"Sair" /home/antix/.icons/OxygenRefit2-red-version/48x48/actions/application-exit.png {
   prog"Desligar" /usr/share/icons/gTangish-2.0a1/32x32/apps/gnome-session-halt.png sudo halt
   prog"Reiniciar" /usr/share/icons/gTangish-2.0a1/32x32/apps/gnome-session-reboot.png sudo reboot
   prog"Sair da Sessão" /usr/share/icons/gTangish-2.0a1/32x32/apps/gnome-session-logout.png logouthelper.sh
   prog"Bloquear Tela" /usr/share/icons/gTangish-2.0a1/32x32/actions/gnome-lockscreen.png xlock -mode blank
}
Swiftfox is very good. I'm just using Iceape (that firefox link in the toolbar I must fix, I used it to check some translations but it was giving some xsession errors for me).
secipolla
Something else, if there's an icon for the app in /usr/share/pixmaps then there's no need to put the full icon path. Ex.:

prog"Firefox" firefox firefox
secipolla
tinman, you can have video thumbnails with the ROX-Filer. First

apt-get install zeroinstall-injector
Then open ROX, right-click its background, choose 'Options', then File manager windows>Thumbnails, then check 'show image thumbnails', click the 'video thumbnails' button and follow the instructions.
I believe it can be installed this way.
I installed by opening 'Add New Program' (it will show in the menu after you install zeroinstall and refresh the menu from desktop>icewm>update menu) and dragging the link from
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://roscidus.com/desktop/node/26"
linktext was:"http://roscidus.com/desktop/node/26"
====================================
(the link is
========= SCRAPER REMOVED AN EMBEDDED LINK HERE ===========
url was:"http://www.kerofin.demon.co.uk/2005/interfaces/VideoThumbnail"
linktext was:"http://www.kerofin.demon.co.uk/2005/int ... oThumbnail"
====================================
).